Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps Storage Selection on Android

" our team is aware of this and we're looking for ways to improve the experience. In the meantime, sorry for any inconvenience. Your time and patience are very much appreciated."

Please, how could you release the app without this option, knowing how much memory space is used by videos. There had to be at least one employee that brought this up in a meeting???

Sightseer

Wie lange dauert es denn noch.

Meine Geduld ist bald vorbei.  Der Aktienkurs fällt schon wieder ...

Tourist

Look.

It is not about not being able to do it. It is about not wanting to do it.

YOU simply don't want to do it!

This issue has been raised for many years now. and you have refused to do something about it.

Look, a simple implementation by Netflix. There are other apps that are doing it also. but you simply don't want to listen to your customers!

Screenshot_20190801-144332_Netflix.jpg
Hiker

Please add this option to the app. All I want to do is download videos from camera to phone, and not save them in hidden app area.

I don't want Quik, I want quick
Tourist

any update on this one?

Would like to make use of the App - but currently it's pretty useless....

Tourist

haha i agree!! bad programming! My android has 64gb internal memory and a 128gb sd card and I have storage set to save to SD card but yet everytime i save media to the app ALL my internal memory gets taken up and I can't so much as render a video anymore because the app keeps crashing due to lack of memory space. This is a mobile phone app and NOT a full fledged computer app but I don't think the developers kept that in mind!

Sightseer

So has anyone found out the location the android app is storing the MP4 files???  

Tourist

I found a bunch of files in the "go pro-exports" folder that was automatically created in my "pictures" folder on my phone's internal storage after I imported them into the app from the Go Pro and edited them and saved them to the device. They were still not visible in Gallery or anywhere on the phone, only on the app itself. I then cut and pasted the files from my phone (Go Pro Exports) into a permanent folder on my computer. I noticed that the phone's internal storage memory was still max'd out and couldn't figure out why as I had removed everything from the Go Pro Exports folder. After searching litterally every folder with no results I then just deleted them from within the app itself and that solved the internal storage problem. Check your phone's folders. It'd, it'd be nice if Go Pro could actually create a folder rather than having all the files hidden in the app itself with no folder to reference. I also could not find anywhere in settings to adjust the default storage location on the app.