Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Apps Storage Selection on Android

Hello @mrperes. The GoPro App still saves to the internal phone memory. If you have the latest/current version of the app installed, your GoPro media is now saved directly to the GoPro App. This makes it easier to manage, edit, and share your footage. You have the option to save the media to your device once the media have been imported to the app - this eventually allows you to access the media directly from the phone. Here's how. 

Also see if the video files that cannot be found or viewed have supported resolutions for copy and share. Check out Supported Resolutions for Copy and Share in the GoPro App .

Highlighted
Tourist

So despite all the users here try to explain the staff, GOpro team continues bul**bleep**ing...
Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for the reply @mariustanya, however your suggestion does NOT eliminate the problem. The files can be transferred to the card however they will be duplicated while the originals are still stored in the app. With this said and despite all my attempts, I still cannot identify which are still left to transferred as once I pass them to the phone according to your guidelines and since the phone is quite full, the app crashes and still no solution in sight.

Sincerely your app sucks and you are not even willing to find solutions for cosecutevely reported problems for (over or almost) a year already and the competition is getting fierce. Just yesterday and just to remind you, dji launched an action cam and their app despite of possible flaws at least is working much better as I currently use some devices from them as well. You should listen to your crowd if you don't want them to leave you.

Best regards
Highlighted
Tourist

I sincerely hope the DJI OSMO Action Cam is the GoPro killer.
I stopped buying GoPro's with their Hero 5 black after getting inferior and robotic response support for any issues I had with it. Even if DJI ends up putting the osmo action camera on their Dusty shelf after a few months it would still be worth it just to see them make GoPro finally wake up.
Dreaming of the GoPro killer... hope the osmo action camera is it just to see GoPro become the best again like they were before the Hero 5 black.
Highlighted
Tourist

With apps like this on Android it probably will be.

Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro guys, what is it about all these requests that you still don't understand?!?!?!

It's quite simple really...

• The app stores all files directly to the device memory which usually fills it!!
  • With previous app versions, you could at least see a 'GoPro' folder in the gallery and move files to the SD card manually. This has gone!
  • So, when you don't want to use the GoPro app on the phone, but actually just need to access some files, where the f#!k are they?!?!?!
  • i.e after pulling in not much from my GoPro, I now have 494MB of 25GB free. The GoPro content was about 2GB so now I can't export them to my gallery as there isn't enough room to have them there twice. And why would I want that?!?

JUST ADD THE STOREAGE LOCATION OPTION TO THE APP SO WE CAN CHOOSE DS CARD FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I found a bunch of files in the "go pro-exports" folder that was automatically created in my "pictures" folder on my phone's internal storage after I imported them into the app from the Go Pro and edited them and saved them to the device. They were still not visible in Gallery or anywhere on the phone, only on the app itself. I then cut and pasted the files from my phone (Go Pro Exports) into a permanent folder on my computer. I noticed that the phone's internal storage memory was still max'd out and couldn't figure out why as I had removed everything from the Go Pro Exports folder. After searching litterally every folder with no results I then just deleted them from within the app itself and that solved the internal storage problem. As everyone said, it'd be nice if Go Pro could actually create a folder rather than having all the files hidden in the app itself with no folder to reference. I also could not find anywhere in settings to adjust the default storage location on the app. Not sure if I'm missing something?

Highlighted
GoPro

@greencave72576, our team is aware of this and we're looking for ways to improve the experience. In the meantime, sorry for any inconvenience. Your time and patience are very much appreciated.