Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Apps Storage Selection on Android

The Team has heard the request, don't worry. I'm sorry I don't have a timeframe, but you've banged on the door a lot and the message has been repeatedly shared :)
Highlighted
Tourist

Can you just stop with these awful replies. You should just say "we've known about the issue for 2 years but you have to suck it up"
Highlighted
Tourist

@haindash We have clealry learnt that you don't want to change the logic, you're not interested at these feedbacks, and these answers just increase our frustration!

Highlighted
Tourist

The reason for no action from gopro is very simple. They are trying to make all of us to use gopro plus £4.99/m. I don't have it but this issue makes me think about getting it which means gopro plan is half way done. Also they can not add storage selection to next update because they will risk losing the existing subscriptions on gopro plus because if you can easily save it on sd card then there is no need for gopro cloud.

It's a shame because it's a simple thing and brand like this should sort this out considering the amount of money gopro users are constantly spending on new kit.
Highlighted
Tourist

I just received an email from gopro that I have earned a wingman badge for the comment above 🤣🤣🤣 yeees gopro! F*** the storage issue! I have my badge now!👍
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I have gopro plus, but it does not solve the problem. You cannot even edit videos from cloud, you still have to download them to app for edit. I have Huawei Mediapad M5 with 32gb internal memory and with external sd card. Even setting default location to SD card from Android settings wont make gopro app to use it.

I downloaded a 5min clip of Max 360 video from cloud to app. Had to remove other apps to make a room. Then started to edit it. 5s clip trim - save as clip - YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH SPACE ON DEVICE.

I been reading this thread and three years ago gopro said they are aware of the issue. Well when this issue will be prioritised enough high that they actually will start implementing it???? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for letting me know. In that case I will not get gopro plus.

This is very poor on gopro part. It's embarrassing that simple issue like this is dragged for so long. Clearly they don't give a s***.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I would agree! This is a super important feature. But I bet at GoPro everyone only uses iphone so they are not aware of the SD card functionality. OR they have fancy expensive phones with 256GB and gopro plus. So they do not feel the pain we feel.
This feature should be simple and I bet there are multiple libraries to easily implement that. Please bring it on!