Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Apps Storage Selection on Android

Please I need to save my data in the external memory of my android phone I hope you guys can fix it quick. Thanks!!

Highlighted
Tourist

Bump.!

Highlighted
Tourist

Just wondering..... Is Gopro support even looking into updating the app so we can save to the sd card on our devices. I haven't seen any responses from Gopro. It would be nice to know if they are even looking into it. Does anyone know if they monitor this site or is this just users trying to help each other.
Highlighted
Tourist

My guess is "no". I joined the conversation last June. The thread started in May. Jeff from Gopro has offered the same, but flawed, workaround many times but there is still no evidence that the development team is working on this shortcoming.

GoPro, please listen! Your Android apps lack a fundamental feature that Android users expect, one which is supported by most other applications that deal with files of any size, not just large media files.

iOS devices don't typically have multiple storage volumes on a single device; Android does and many Android users choose Android because we can use memory cards to expand the storage capacity of our devices. Android is the most popular device OS in the world - please take advantage of Android's file and storage management features. They make Android an excellent platform for on-location video editing but only if the applications are written with these advantages in mind.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Tourist

Come on GoPro... Enough is enough.. I've gone all in, new shiny GoPro Hero 6, plus all the accessories from you including a usb-c Quik that doesn't work with android (only sees photos) and the inability to select storage location for syncing videos in to Quik is atrocious. I have a Samsung Note 8 which until it's replaced is probably one of the most powerful devices on the market, more than capable of editing movies on the go. It has a 256GB microSD ideal for storing media, yet functionally crippled due to your devotion to iOS and lack of relevant advanced features not possible on iOS. Please can you sort it out and please sort both your App, the Quikkey drivers and also... Fix the battery life issue on the Hero 6 still present with firmware 2.01.
Highlighted
Tourist

I agree, I'm going to stick mine on eBay and cut my losses. Great bit of kit IF you could actually use it. Its almost what you would call "unfit for purpose"

Highlighted
Tourist

The camera part is good, but for the time being I need to use my Surface as the main editing device... Shame, and good luck on eBay.
Highlighted
Tourist

@davidh1725 doesn't look like it mate, feels like this is just a forum for users as GoPro folks stay quite... Pretty usual I find for manufacturers with these things so far, sill venting helps 😎