Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps Storage Selection on Android

Hi Jeff,

So I found a reasonable enough workaround for grabbing clips from your GoPro to your phone which is to download clips of 5/10/15 seconds which means I can just grab the highlights I want

But then just when I think I've got this sorted alas I hit another wall. If I want to download old clips from my premium cloud membership I can grab 5/10/15 second clips I have to download the whole video which again leaves me frustrated and short of memory.

2 options here are....

1. Get the guys to sort this out

2. Hire me and I'll sort it out

Tourist

I've just started using GoPro6, £500. A lot of money. Camera is great, but in my limited experience, I cant download to my phone because the app wont allow download to SD card, and the desktop app only allows 60 second videos. What a load of crap. Waste of time and money.

Tourist

Firstly you should have spent the extra on the fusion 360 as it's only a bit more and GoPro seem to be pooling all their resources into that.

But here's a workaround for you. Don't download all the videos as I'm sure they'll be huge just download the clips you want in bits of 5/10/30 seconds snippets. You can do this while linked to your GoPro and selecting the trim option this will allow you to grab a small bit of the clips such as the highlights and then instead of working with big 10 minute clips, you're working with the best bits in much smaller snippets.

Hope this helps

Tourist

That was a lame response! Firstly, I am a scuba diver and the Fusion doesn't have all the accesories that I require. Secondly, the problem that we are all experiencing appears to be with the app and not the camera. Other apps have the option to save to the sd card. Why can't Gopro? I shouldn't have to do a work around!
Highlighted
Tourist

Well, I don't work for GoPro nor did I know you were a scuba diver so calling my response lame when I take the time to give a stranger a helping hand is just a **bleep** move but hey not everyone on the internet has manners! Oh and welcome to the GoPro community! #Not!

@davidh1725 wrote:
That was a lame response! Firstly, I am a scuba diver and the Fusion doesn't have all the accesories that I require. Secondly, the problem that we are all experiencing appears to be with the app and not the camera. Other apps have the option to save to the sd card. Why can't Gopro? I shouldn't have to do a work around!

Tourist

My apologies! I thought you were with Gopro! I'm just frustrated. Thanks for taking time to help.
Tourist

All of the same problems as above here.. Bought TWO Hero6's as well as a Karma (all total over 2k) and I love the cameras as well as the Karma, the software is great. But surely we need the option to save pics n vids to the SD card. Especialy when using "Quik". Using the internal storage for HIGH use items like this is just plain silly.!! Smiley Frustrated

Please have the devs fix this issue as I am SURE I am not alone in the delima.!

Please Fix This.!!

Tourist

A must feature! Looking forward to having it implemented.