Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps Storage Selection on Android

I have the same phone and the same issue.

The other issue I have is once the videos are moved into my phone's SD card they are no longer seen by the GoPro App so it's basically useless for editing
Highlighted
Tourist

Tested and working on Huawei p9, the settings referenced are the phone settings and not the settings in the app

Interestingly once I did this the app recognised both videos on the internal memory (internal/DCIM/com.gopro.smarty/GoPro) and those on the sd card (SDCard/DCIM/com.gopro.smarty/GoPro) and showed both in media
Highlighted
Tourist

Post was in reply to;

royalbluff4772 royalbluff4772 Hiker
Aug 9
Solution:

Go to Settings > Memory and Storage > Default location and set it to SD Card.

The GoPro App will now download any captured footage to the SD Card.

greetings
Highlighted
Tourist

Unfortunately this does mean switching all app storage to the sd, which in my case (and I'm guessing most) is exactly what I want to do ( phone has 32Gb which after formatting is 25.1 SD has 128Gb which comes out at 119.1 ) This should solve the issue for most on android if the option exists, certainly on Huawei P9 (EVA-L09, EMUI 5.0, Android 7.0)
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same issue here, I have Samsung S7 and cannot get all videos onto my 32GB internal memory while I have 256GB SD card.

GoPro, please help to fix this issue

Highlighted
Tourist

I explained this shortcoming to the Gopro support team after I got my Hero 5 and they said that they would pass this on to the programmers, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.  It would be a great feature to default to the SD card. Most phones or tables don't have enough free internal memory to transfer multiple files. Maybe only one file at a time and then you have to transfer it to the SD card and then delete it from internal and then repeat the process. Major slow down!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi goPro support. Please raise a feature request to GoPro App on Android development team. Add option in settings to choose storage location (onboard phone storage or SDCard). Currently the app uses onboard phone storage (usually quite full) and doesn't make use of SD storage. This limits downloading, editing, sharing when traveling with an android phone/tablet. Other android apps detect SD and allow save to SD card eg Spotify.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion. We have given that feedback to the team, and we'll continue to do that.

Jeff