Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro App with Samsung S6 + GoPro Hero 8

I just upgraded from a GoPro 5 to a GoPro Hero 8 and tried to download the GoPro App on my phone and it said it's not compatible with my device. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android OS 6.1 I believe.

Is there anyway around this without having to buy a new phone?

And if not, what features will I not be able to use if I don't have the GoPro App installed on my phone?

Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro App with Samsung S6 + GoPro Hero 8

Hello, @kevinm701. Your device does not meet the compatibility requirement for the GoPro App. The app works with Android devices running Android 7.0 or later(Android tablets not supported). 

You may be able to download an older version of the application but you will not be able to access the editing features in the App. If you have a HERO8 Back camera, you may not be able to pair it with the app. The HERO8 Black is one of the newer camera models and it has not been integrated with the older versions of the app. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for letting me know it requires at least Android 7.0 OS. I was able to use the Verizon updater on my phone to update to Android 7.0 which solved my problem and allowed me to install the GoPro App.

Highlighted
GoPro

Good to hear that, @kevinm701. Let us know if anything else comes up.