Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro App vs. Quick Story Length/Duration

[ New ]

I've been searching around in the past about story lengths and most refer to having the option to customize your clips from 15, 30, 45 and 60 seconds maximum lengths. I believe once I was able to creae a clip that was around 12 minutes using the Quick App but that required adding multipls mini clips into one story and I'm not even sure that's even possible anymore? Why the short clips? If I had one epic ride that was 2 hours long, why can't I make it one long story?

What I am finding odd is that when I go to "edit" in both apps (GoPro App and Quick) I can see I have the ability to adjust durations/lengths to "best for instagram" or "Recommended" but I'm no longer seeing the option to select a specific length but what's odd is how the maximum seems to fluctuate depending on the speific clip I'm looking at. All samples are over 1 minute, some are 2, some are 3 but it's giving me different options like 36 seconds max for one vs. say 43 for another vs. 53 for another. What's going on here?

Also can anyone confirm why I should be using one app over the other? They (GoPro App - NOT PLUS - and Quick) both seem to do more or less the exact same thing.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro App vs. Quick Story Length/Duration

[ New ]

Hi @greencave72576

Editing features for Quik for mobile has been integrated on the GoPro App.

Check out How to Create A Multi-Clip Edit in the GoPro App

Quik is designed for easy editing. It will automatically find great moments, add beautiful transitions and effects, and syncs everything to the beat of the music.

You may use other editing applications if you're looking to have more freedom when it comes to editing your files.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro App vs. Quick Story Length/Duration

[ New ]

Hi @greencave72576

Editing features for Quik for mobile has been integrated on the GoPro App.

Check out How to Create A Multi-Clip Edit in the GoPro App

Quik is designed for easy editing. It will automatically find great moments, add beautiful transitions and effects, and syncs everything to the beat of the music.

You may use other editing applications if you're looking to have more freedom when it comes to editing your files.

Thanks!
Ej