Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro App storage problem android

Hi, Mike so in order to solve this issue, you have to delete the media from the app? but will that delete it permanently? I had my Hero 8 for 2 weeks now, I use Samsung Note 9 all up to date...as I double-checked reading all these posts. The 1st week I didn't have this storage problem until now. I just don't want to lose any of what I captured. Oh and Yes I subscribed to Gopro Plus. Could you if you don't mind...explain a little more about your process?

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi ..first of all of all ,since the last GoPro update ,I no longer have this problem ..I do not subscribe to GoPro plus ....it all started when I received a notification from my Samsung note 9 that I was running out of memory ..even though after every movie I made I had deleted everything I could from the app ..I would download all the different movies from the GoPro to my phone ..make the movie using the app quick then delete everything from the app ..when I first checked after the notification the GoPro app was using 40 something gb and there was no way to reduce the size ..I would then delete the app ..reinstall and re-register my gopro with the app and start again ..but since the last update I delete my downloaded movies in the app and the app is back to the normal size ..hope it stays like this
Highlighted
Tourist

It seems to be fixed for me as well with the latest update. I used it yesterday, recorded loads of video, deleted some footage and now storage is at 5GB. Previously after a session it was at 30GB and not reducing.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I also used to have this problem some time ago, but the newer version seems to have fixed the issue. It was annoying to have the app use so much storage space.   apk download     quik   opera mini apk

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi all ... the app now takes up 1.67 GB with nothing in it ..hope it is not heading back to its bad old ways where the A team had to deal with this (or not )
SmartSelect_20200529-164148_Settings.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @mikeh733

What phone are you using?

Do you have the latest version of the app?

It usually takes some time before the app storage information is reflected.

Have you tried checking it again?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi aragon ..this has been an ongoing problem since February ...(check the posts on this group)..
We had some representative from gopro (haindash) answering us and assuring us that the A Team were working hard on finding a solution to this ongoing problem .. lately after a few updates I noticed that the problem disappeared...and then noticed that the app was taking 1.6 gb with nothing in it ..and my last post was just wondering if the same problem was coming back
My phone is Samsung note 9 , on Android 10 ,one ui 2.0
My GoPro app is the latest version offered to me by the play store ..version 6.13
My GoPro is 6 black
Suggest you read back on all our frustrated posts
Thanks for your interest in this problem
🏆
Highlighted
GoPro

@mikeh733 @peppycave42742 @surfisteve @keak23 

Hi there,

The Team has already made some fixes but another fix is coming on 6.15 - it is in review currently.

The 6.14 is in beta and it should be out this week, then 6.15 comes. I'm sorry this is taking so long.... :(

If you want I can get you access to the beta so you'll get it a bit earlier (6.15 isn't in beta yet though)