Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro App storage problem android

Hi ..it seems this problem is not just 20+ people ...search for 'GoPro app storage problem' in Google and see how many people are having the same problem ..this is just crazy ..a company the size GoPro should be taking note of what's happening ..maybe the 'A' team are not enough ....check out this link from 2019

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-App-storage-problem/m-p/338868?device-view=desktop

Highlighted
Tourist

Add another unhappy customer/phone to the pile -- Samsung Note 8 (Hero 7 Black) here, and the GoPro app is using 70+GB of internal storage in an inaccessible/unviewable location.  I can't find any files to delete using either the Android/Samsung file manager or through a Windows file browser when connected.  The only solution was to clear the cache, clear the data, delete the app, reinstall it, and authorize the camera again.  All media is removed from the cam, and as soon as it's connected with a new short capture the storage space balloons again.  At this point, I'd need to spend several days manually transferring files one at a time to my SD while repeating the process each time -- completely unacceptable.  I can't lug my Windows PC out with me in the field.  Unless this is fixed, GoPro brand cameras won't be an option for me going forward.

Highlighted
Tourist

Asking me, you have brought the topic to the point: "Unless this is fixed, GoPro brand cameras won't be an option for me going forward."

Highlighted
Tourist

I think you'll find that GoPro don't give a hoot. They have your money and there's many more suckers out there.
Highlighted
Hiker

I agree with you guys ..this is not being taken seriously..I am already thinking beyond gopro for my next downhill mountain biking in the Alps/Morzine (was cancelled for this August 2020..corona@#%?!; ) ..I need something with less hassles ,better service for the unknown person...just looking for a extreme camera that works ...thanks GoPro
Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah, im so disappointed with their response ( or lack of). It can't be that hard to figure this out and it really looks like our isn't a priority for them. This was my first time buying a GoPro and I went with then because I thought they were the leaders in this area. I didn't go with cheaper alternatives add I wanted to avoid issue like this. Maybe this forum isn't the best place to highlight this. Need to see if there are other ways to try and bring it to their attention as this clearly isn't the way.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi all ...went for a ride this morning ..made my normal movie ..deleted the files in the app and am pleased to report that everything seems to be back to normal.. the "A" team seems to have quietly fixed the problem ..at least for me ..
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi all ...went for a ride this morning ..made my normal movie ..deleted the files in the app and am pleased to report that everything seems to be back to normal.. the "A" team seems to have quietly fixed the problem ..at least for me ..
SmartSelect_20200429-152556_Settings.jpg