Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro App storage problem android

I have the same problem samsung s10e.
I have 70gb used by go pro 8
But i have there in my app only 3 5min video
Other i keep your cloud.
And every day when i use the go pro app then i get some error report.
And i always send to this dara to google. But no fix
Highlighted
Tourist

Wo bleibt hier der Support, GoPro?

Bei mir belegt GoPro 40GB mit zwei kurzen Videos auf Samsung S9 mit Android 10 und bei tkala85 ist es noch schlimmer. Wo bleibt der Support?

Highlighted
Hiker

The 'A' team are working furiously to find a solution to our problem 🤣
Highlighted
GoPro

As incredible as this may seem - yes we are tackling the topic ;) However there are also a bunch of other things dev are working on, so one step at a time. Do not fear, I keep them updated regularly with user feedback so you are not forgotten!
Highlighted
Sightseer

I'll add another phone type to the list with issues. My LG v40 (Android version 9) just popped up with the same error and has 34GB used with no videos left on the phone?? The GoPro app and phone are all up to date on their shots and updates. Really hope there is a good fix asap. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Still amazes me that it does not interest the "A" team to try and gather a clearer picture of what is happening ...eg ..type of phones ,version ,type of gopros, etc..I really think that if just +/- 20 of us of having this problem it's not really a priority considering how many cameras are sold ...my gopro works great until I really need the video ..my last mountain bike holiday I got very close to just throwing it away 😱...maybe for me it's time to move onto some other camera
Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah, I agree. This is going on for sometime and not even an update to say that they understand what is causing it. I offered to go on a call with them to help them troubleshoot. I appreciate that they have a backlog of work and everything needs to be priorirised. The number of people complaining might be small but it is not some little annoying bug we are talking about. After EVERY surf session I need to delete and reinstall the App to clear my storgage. I paid a lot of money for the camera and im also paying the monthly subscription so im really dispointed. It is a real pity as there is so much else to love about the Product and APP

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok do I'm not happy about this storage problem. Also not sure how to post a stand alone reply so apologies for replying to your message.
Below is my complaint / rant at the developers. T

HEIR ANSWER CONFIRMED THAT THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE APP. THIS IS HOW ITS MEANT TO WORK.

Why do you have to initially store the data in a closed of area on the internal storage in the data area on the phone? 

Then why do you have to double up the data on the internal storage in order to them move it to another area? 

Then when you delete the files from the internal storage they're still taking up space on the phone! So 10 GB of data can be using 30gb on your phone. 

I can only think that this is a deliberate way to piss people off by making the app so **bleep** that they have to subscribe to GoPro plus?

Please don't reply by saying it's 'quicker' this way because the job of l moving files becomes the equivalent of hammering nails into my testicles. You know it doesn't need to be this way.

At least allow the files to be transferred directly to the external storage or directly into the photo gallery on the internal storage rather than:

1. having to copy the files to the phone

2. Copying the files to the internal storage

3. Phone not working because it's full

4. Delete data rather than cache from app

5. Go to step one

6. Copy files one at a time from camera to phone to SD card.

7. Do this over the course of several hours / days in order to see all your files from the day on your phone.

If I'm doing something wrong please tell me but on the surface it looks like a carefully designed app to cause maximum frustration.