Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro App storage problem android

[ Edited ]
Hi
I received notification on my Samsung note 9 that I was running out of space ..after investigating I found that the GoPro app was using 45gbof space ..I uninstalled the app .. reinstalled and after making one movie the app is back to 7.3 GB ..I have no option to get rid of anything in the app.. downloaded music etc ..this does not seem normal ..hope someone can help and advise
SmartSelect_20200216-191135_Settings.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro App storage problem android

Hello @mikeh733. If you haven't yet, you can copy your GoPro media to your device's external storage, and delete them from the GoPro app. Here's how to do it. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Are you running the Beta app by any chance? Out of interest, Im having a similar issue - see https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/GoPro-App-for-Android-file-size-increasing/m-p/...

It looks like you've cleared your media out of the app, cache appears low but the file size is huge.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you for your reply..but in my case not relevant ..I have no media in the app ..if I delete data and uninstall the app goes back to the normal size but if I make a movie the size soon goes back up ..in my case to 7.3 GB ..and when I found this problem the app was at 45 gb with no media of mine in it
Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for your reply ..not running the beta app...version 6.6 (8571)..
Something wrong going on with the app ..even though I delete the media the app seems to retain a copy somewhere ...I didn't realize this was happening untill when wanting to make a movie I got a notification that I had no space left out of my 128gb ..when searching for the problem I found that the GoPro app was 45gb in size with no media ..hope this gets sorted out
Highlighted
GoPro

@mikeh733 

Sorry for the trouble, it's indeed an issue that we see from time to time on Android - however I didn't manage to reproduce this problem on my end, neither has our QA - and it's needed to be able to fix the problem.

Do you have a custom ROM installed, looks like it from the font on your device?

I will check with the Android Team if they have any insight on this.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi haindash ...thanks for your reply ..no I am not running a custom ROM ..my note 9 was last updated by Samsung to Android 10 update with One UI 2.0. see enclosed about software pic ..hoping this will help you in trying to find a solution
SmartSelect_20200217-172241_Software update.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi haindash...hope you all are trying to find a solution for this problem ..I have been reading about more people with this same problem ..maybe to do with Android 10 ? Let's all hope the Devs will find a solution to this problem soon ...thanks