Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro App on Android Samsung Galaxy S8 not connecting to internet

[ Edited ]

I have tried all the things listed here and on other sites. Nothing seems to work. 

I just got my GoPro Hero 7 Black, downloaded and installed the Gopro app on my S8. The S8 was able to see the GoPro and view video from the GoPro within the App. When the App said there was an update, I clicked the Update button. The GroPro app looked like it was doing something with the spinning graphic. After a few seconds, the app displayed the error "No Internet" and wants me to go to my WiFi settings. The things is, my Wifi Settings are not the issue since I was already on the Wifi when I downloaded the app. I tried resetting everything and no matter what I did, I could update the GoPro. 

I then noticed that when trying to Create my Account in the App, I also got the same No Internet error. What is it with this error. What is going on inside the App that would make it think there is no internet connection, when I can verify it does exist. 

For the amount of money these camera's cost, you would think the app would work. This is bad for business. 

Does anyone have an answer as to how to get this to work. I would hate to always revert to using Quik for Desktop to update my camera. If that is what GoPro's answer is, then why have the app in the first place? 

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro App on Android Samsung Galaxy S8 not connecting to internet

You will need to try manually updating your camera.  You can find the update instructions here:

https://gopro.com/update

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro App on Android Samsung Galaxy S8 not connecting to internet

Manual works, but I believe you missed the point. Why is this APP so badly written. I should know, since I am a software engineer.

I have never seen an app that has had this many issues for as long as it has. Makes you want to question where GoPro stands on delivering the best.