Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro App not recognising wifi connection

[ New ]
I have an iPhone 7 Plus running the latest iOS (13.1.2) and the latest GoPro app and I keep getting the notification that I need to connect to the camera wifi. I have checked and the phone is connected to the wifi however the app is not finding the connection. This is happening with both the Hero 2018 and new Hero 8 Black. I have tried other devices and it appears (iPad and iPad mini2) which do work so this appears to be isolated to the iPhone. I have also removed the app and installed again in an attempt to resolve the issue unsuccessfully.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro App not recognising wifi connection

[ New ]

@niceuysean, if the issue persists after going through the suggested steps, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the issue.

If you continue to experience issues, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]
Same issue with iPhone 7, Hero Silver. Following.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @anthonyw161 and @fireystorm48583. Try resetting Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Re-pair the devices after these steps. 

See Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues for details.

Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya thanks for that information. Yes I had tried this with my Hero 2018 that was working fine before the latest iOS and GoPro app update, to no success. However the Hero 8 Black is a brand new camera and I was trying to set it up for the first time on my phone.
Tourist

[ New ]
So I have been able to make it connect however the way I’ve solved the issue is different. I’ve gone into Settings > GoPro. I disabled Bluetooth for the app, enabled background refresh and the enabled Bluetooth again. The next time I went into the app I could connect to control the camera and get the media.
GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know that, @anthonyw161. Good to know that the connectivity issue is resolved. Thank you for posting back to share it. Enjoy using your camera!

Sightseer

[ New ]
I had the connection issue after update on iOS to 13.***. GoPro Hero 4.

I tried resetting the WiFi on the camera. Didn’t solve the problem.
I removed the known WiFi from the phone and reconnected. Didn’t solve the problem
I restarted the App and the Camera. Didn’t solve the problem.
I renamed the GoPro, removed the old name from the phone app and added the camera to the app with the new name. Didn’t solve the problem
I turned Bluetooth off then back on in the phone GoPro settings. Didn’t solve the problem
Finally I simply restarted the phone and it worked.

When all else fails, restart the phone. Maybe it should be step one.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm running iOS13.1.2, and cannot connect despite restatring the phone, turning off Bluetooth etc. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@niceuysean, if the issue persists after going through the suggested steps, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the issue.

If you continue to experience issues, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.