Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro App iOS - My Music Empty

Can anyone tell me the proper way to get my own DRM-free MP3's to show up in the My Music tab of the Add Music  screen when editing a movie? I have an MP3 I want to use which I downloaded to my phone from Epidemic Sound. I then used Apple's Files app to move the MP3 into the "On My iPhone - GoPro - MyMusic folder." After moving it there and restarting the app and my phone, it still shows no results when going to the My Music tab. Does it not support MP3? I noticed all of the music in the "On My iPhone - GoPro - GoProMusic" folder is in the "Apple MPEG-4 audio" format instead of MP3.

Tourist

Re: GoPro App iOS - My Music Empty

As a follow-up to my original post, I have since converted my MP3 to m4a and placed it in the My Music folder and the GoPro app still doesn't see it. There must be some way to get outside audio into this app, I'm just not sure how that is!

Tourist

[ Edited ]

You ever figure this out?  I'm having the same issue.  Seems like a basic function that doesn't work.

GoPro

Hello everyone,

The app is looking in the iPhone's Music folder, and it takes the music from there. I just verified now, and it works ok on my end.

Try syncing your music in the default iPhone Music, make sure that the GoPro App has access to that folder [when accessing My Music for the first time, a pop-up would appear asking the user for permissions to access the Music folder], and the music files should be available for accessing.

Let me know if this worked for you guys, and we'll pick it from there.

Cheers,

aarlekk

GoPro

I plug my phone to my computer and synchronise a GoPro App Playlist on my phone via iTunes, then I can find all my songs that I've synched.