Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro App for Android file size increasing

The GoPro app naturally grows in file size in response to clips etc being stored. However, following the deletion of the clips the GoPro app remains at the same size, despite clearing the cache.
The only way to cut the size down is by clearing data. This sadly deletes all settings in the app!
Anyone else having this ever growing app problem after clearing the clips. I did have a thought this could be related to the Cloud - surely, not, kinda defeats the purpose
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro App for Android file size increasing

Any help, GoPro? Despite deletion of Max video files within Android app 6.6 on Android 9, the file size of the app remains. Is this related to the cloud? I have cleared the cache, but storage size remains. The only way to clear, is to clear data, which deletes everything and I have to reconfig camera again! Help?!
Highlighted
GoPro

Shared this with the Team, awaiting feedback

Highlighted
GoPro

Also @deckys trying to follow up on this via FB Messenger now - check for messages from me :) - you're in the beta group now.

I'm wondering if this could be a 6.6 related issues since on 6.5.1 we didn't reproduce, deleting videos and app size is going down as well.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi
Just posted this in the Facebook. I'll check messenger 👍
Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having this same issue. I have deleted all videos in the app and also the GoPro export folders. I think this just developed since the last update.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi deckys...have you received any help with this problem..thanks for posting on my same problem post ..thought I would just post here a link to my post ..which has also seemed to stump everyone .
https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/GoPro-App-storage-problem-android/m-p/528581#M1...
Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry about this issue - it's a tricky problem happening in certain conditions / on certain devices and our Team did not, until now, manage to reproduce this problem which we have to if you want to be able to do anything about it. We are keeping on eye on the issue.