Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro App for Android - Protune Menu Disappeared

[ New ]

Hello, I recently got a new HERO8 Black; I did initial setup and everything was great, installed the app on my phone and connected the camera and was able to access all options via the phone app properly. The next day I got the corresponding Media Mod to add HDMI out and after using that for the first time all Protune options for every preset menu in the app disappeared, the entire section is just missing. I've tried taking off the Media Mod, factory resetting the HERO8, manually updating (currently on 2.50), uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone, and nothing has returned the Protune menu. This was the same day as the 1/6/21 update to the app itself so I'm not sure if this is an issue with the camera or just them breaking functionality in the app.

Has anyone seen this before? Is this caused by the Media Mod? Currently I can only access protune options via the touchscreen which is basically useless when I have the camera set up on the tripod with the HDMI attached.

GoPro

Re: GoPro App for Android - Protune Menu Disappeared

[ New ]

Hi @toughboost7528

Sorry for any trouble caused.

This has been shared with the team.

We'll post back once an update is available.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]

Ok so I have a Hero Session 5 but I cannot figure out how to update it to use the QR code settings. PLease help. This sucks this was taken out of the app like this. NOT COOL.

Tourist

[ New ]
Jumped into my app today and realised the protune menu was missing as well. Factory reset my Gopro session 5 as well as android app and still no protune menu.
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi Ej
The solution provided may work for the newer gopros however this solution doesnt seem to address the hero session 5.
Can you please advise what happened to the protune menu on the hero session 5 v2.51
Hiker

[ New ]

Please give us a link to the previous android app version (APK)

I NEED protune for an important shooting TOMORROW with my H5 Session

(BTW, releasing an app with such a blatant bug is just incredible - GoPro, what is your QC team doing ??????)

Tourist

[ New ]
Please clarify - where / how can I download the old version to get back Protune settings?
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, I have the same problem. I bought 2 weeks ago the GoPro 7 Black and the connection with the app was first ok. You could easily switch between the protune modes(ISO, WB,…)  Now, there aren’t any protune options possible anymore in the app which is very useless. You can only control this manually on the GoPro self. That's a big problem, cause in the GoPro 7, in the mode night time lapse photo is the WB stuck at 5500 if you set the shutter from 2s or more, probably a bug in the software that isn’t fixed. So the only solution was to control the WB in the app, but this is no longer possible at all. Hopefully you can find a solution, as I purchased this promising product for these cool mode(night time lapse photo).

Thanks for reading this!

Tourist

[ New ]

I also noticed this same thing this morning and realized that the app had updated overnight so I assumed it was a bug with the update.  I opened a chat with GoPro. They asked what version of the app and GoPro I had and then came back a few minutes later swearing that they are able to see the protune settings using the same version that I am using.  Now we know that the chat team was blatantly lying to me since GoPro came out and announced that these features were removed with this version.  I even asked the chat team to double-check that they are using this version number and they confirmed. Pretty disappointed in both the GoPro app development team, QA team, and Support Team with this one.

I have attached the chat transcript here.

With that said, I really need these features back.  Is there any way you can provide the IPA of the older version so I can install it until this bug is resolved?

transcript.png
Tourist

[ New ]
The recommended workarounds are not supported by Hero 5. Is Gopro expecting people to upgrade to newer cameras??
Tourist

[ New ]
The ProTune menu settings is disappearing from the app (iOS) with the last update... it’s incredible.... one of the most important function that every user needs....!!!!

Please correct the bug as soon as possible!
Version app 7.3.1 of 07-jan-2021
Tourist

[ New ]

This is insane, was on the point to buy an extra session 7 for my drones but without protune i'm no longer gonna buy gorpos anymore my session 5 my best camera for fpv is useless now. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I discovered the same issue. Protune not available in the Android App anymore. For FPV users the Naked Gopro has been popular for a year or so. Reusing older Gopros (6/7). Removing the battery and the screen to save weight. Enjoying the quality of Gopro Protune. By removing the screen the App is the only way to change settings. The Gopro is now useless for thousands of FPV users. I strongly hope this is just a bug that will be fixed and not a business decision!

Tourist

[ New ]
indeed, by gopro
Sightseer

[ New ]
i have a session 4 so i don’t know how this can help me. pls advise, i turned on pro tune to test exposure settings for snow and they aren’t good. it’s too dark and gray but now i can’t reset it so all my videos suck.
Tourist

[ New ]

Any sensible reply GoPro?

Sightseer

[ New ]

sadly its not a bug. it was intentional. this is their scummy move.

check our our group how to downgrade:
www.facebook.com/groups/nakedcinewhoop

Sightseer

[ New ]

I also have the same problem. I can not change any protune setting from the app on my android phone. I have a go pro hero 7 black. no protune setting options at all.

Sightseer

[ New ]

this is horrible. i literally made my camera naked this weekend to start shooting fpv and i cant even change settings via the app! feel like i ruined a camera for no reason

Sightseer

[ New ]

don't worry.

if you use android u can downgrade it easily. also if you use ios you can do that too.

but for now you can use 3rd party apps, like BLE remote for gopro and such!

join our original naked community to learn more:
www.facebook.com/groups/nakedcinewhoop

-Admin of the NAKED :D

Sightseer

[ New ]

Why would you do this????  I need to be able to control my cameras!!!

Tourist

[ New ]

I think it is time to look into other camera manufacturers like Insta360. If this is what GoPro is prepared to do to screw out their customers, just imagine what they will do you in the future. This is just the beginning expect more scummy thing to follow.

Tourist

[ New ]

You're absolutely on point - could not agree more!! I am already looking at Insta360's Trade Up program for my Session 5 and GoPro 8.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Install previous version 7.2.1 problem solved

https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/capture/7.2.1/
Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks, but before I rollback....

why 7.2.1 ?

wouldn't 7.3 or 7.3.1 work ? Was this new 'feature' introduced in 7.3 ?

Tourist

[ New ]
Keep getting error 403 forbidden when trying to download apk.
Hiker

[ New ]

Dear GoPro,

Is there an updated version announced (that will fix the issue in this topic) ?

Except by installing an older version (using an apk, which is always a risk), owners of H5 Session and other models feel cheated now.

Tourist

[ New ]

According to GoPro this is not a issue, it's a feature.

Welcome to the future...

Sightseer

[ New ]

@GoPro I'm now stuck in Protune settings I do not want. Would be nice if you could revert those changes and not make my camera redundant. 

Hiker

[ New ]

A feature ?

This is absurd.

Deliberately crippling existing hardware with software updates is a practice that is regularly condemned in court by consumer associations.

Tourist

[ New ]

What an absolute junk. Hope there's better camera's soon. This is the lowest a company can get.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Richard,

as far as you know, does it work with Max as well?

Thanks,

Marco

Sightseer

[ New ]

Apparently they have realized they cannot sell The Remote as previously mentioned as the solution to the missing PT on the new update.  Remove features so you HAVE to buy a $80 remote. Not cool. This was probably the MAIN featuer used remotely. Just gonna have to use older version of the app and wait until GoPro decides to think about there customers instead of the bottom line.