06-15-2019 04:01 PM
Hello, I recently uploaded all my photos and videos to my GoPro App to clear up space on my GoPro camera. Somehow the app automatically updated and when I went back into the app all my pictures and videos were gone! Is there any way to recover these?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-17-2019 01:56 PM
Sorry for any trouble caused. It is not normal for files to suddenly go missing.
Have you tried using a computer to view the files?
We do not have any preferred methods of data recovery as this may vary from SD card manufacturers of the preferred methods for recovering your data. However, you may be able to perform a Google search to find various data recovery options to recover the footage that had been lost. Yet, please do your research on whichever data recovery software is best for you as it may require activation of the software and there may be varying costs.
It is also best not to record any new photos and or videos with the card that had been used. This will overwrite the files that may have been on there to where it would not be possible to recover.
I do recommend to reach out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card.
06-16-2019 05:10 PM
This is odd, @taberm3310. An update should not be causing the GoPro media to be deleted. Did you receive any warning message about the update and what it could possibly do? We'll bring this to our team to look into ways to recover the files.
Which device were you using - Android or iOS? Which OS version is the device running on? Also, which version of the GoPro App did you initially have on the phone? These details will help us isolate the cause of the issue. Hope to hear back from you.
09-05-2019 09:36 AM
What phone are you using? Do you have everything up to date?
Was there an error message?
Did you try to check the files on a computer using SD adapter?
09-06-2019 12:38 AM
Sorry about the issue you were having.
If by any chance you could give us some more info that would help:
- Device? Platform?
- From what version to what version they you update?
- Did you delete media in the app tab before updating?
- By chance do you know if that media you potentially deleted was used in a Quikstory?
- Did you try changing the filters in the Media Tab > Download date / Creation date?
Know that GoPro App will be updated soon - it will bring many bug fixes.
09-18-2019 05:16 PM
@grandridge25053, installing the update for the app doesn't delete the contents in it unless the application is completely uninstalled. There's no auto-delete feature in the app as well. I personally haven't come across this issue before, thus I find this occurrence strange and I'd like to gather more details to further isolate the cause of the problem.
- Please tell us more info on how you started to notice the missing files in the app.
- Did you get any error message in the app before the files went missing?
- By any chance, do you remember manually deleting them off the application's Media tab (see this article for more info)?
- What's the current version of the GoPro App installed? What was the previous version installed before you updated the app?
- What's the phone model used and the mobile OS version?
- Browse through the GoPro App's media list and see if the media files are just dated incorrectly.
Hoping to hear back from you.
11-28-2019 07:37 PM