Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: GoPro App and Samsung Gallery - Deleted Videos

Glad to hear back from you, @bolddive18444. I watched your video and followed the steps but the difference is that the picture on my Samsung phone did not disappear. It is still saved on the created folder in the phone's internal storage. I used a J6. Have you been able to try this using a different Samsung phone? 

Hiker

That's interesting.
Yes I have tried with an S7 Edge and S9+, happens with both.

GoPro

Really interesting! Which OS version are your phones in? The one I used is in Android version 8.0.0. I also tested with a Samsung S7 Edge with the same OS and I am able to still the GoPro file in the created album, after it has been gone from the local tab in GoPro App. See if there is a need to update the OS of your phones. Then, let us try the process again after that. Will be watching out for an update from you, @bolddive18444 . Many thanks!

Hiker

Both the S7 Edge and S9+ are on 8.0.0.

If you follow my steps with an S7 Edge, using the Samsung Gallery app to move the image, then I'm at a loss as to why it happens to me on two different devices and not yours.

GoPro

I have the same question as yours, @bolddive18444. I will try the same steps to presented with a different S7 Edge unit. I will see if I can have access to an S9+ and test it on that, too. May I know what are the model numbers of the phones that you tested? Thanks!

Hiker

S7 Edge -SM-G935FD

S9+ - SM-965F

GoPro

Thank you, @bolddive18444

Hiker

Is this being investigated?