Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

GoPro App - Selecting Music from local music library is not working

[ New ]

Phone OnePlus 5T // Android v10 // GoPro Apps v7.2.1

When building a video edit: when selecting the music track:

* Selecting Music from the online "GoPro Music" libray is working fine.

* Clicking on <+> <Select Your Music> <Your Music> , the app is not finding my local music/audio library files. This used to work fine in the past but now it is not working anymore.  

I tried clearing data, clearing cache, restarting phone but the result is still the same.

Additional FYI - I also have Quik v5.0.7 installed on that same phone, and it is exhibiting the same problem (GoPro app cant find/list my local music files)

FYI - On a old android tablet, it's working fine: ASUS Tablet ZenPad 3s 10 LTE // Android v7 // GoPro Apps v7.2.1

Appreciate your support - Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: GoPro App - Selecting Music from local music library is not working

[ New ]

I eventually figured it out....

I downloaded a new mp3 file from Chrome and the GoPro app was able to see it.

My existing audio/mp3 files remain undiscoverable by GoPro app.

I am using the 3rd party app "ES File Explorer" as my default file manager.

To fix the issue: I used another file manager (FileManager bundled with the phone's OS Android OxygenOS) to cut/paste my existing mp3/audio files to a new folder - GoPro app was finally able to see the audio/mp3.

Doing the same cut/paste procedure using "ES File Explorer" did not make the audio files detectable by GoPro app. 

This is a very strange behavior - Seems that GoApp way of detecting/listing audio/media files is very "sensitive" (as I mentioned earlier in my post, I didn't have problems detecting my audio/media files by many other 3rd party apps using media) - even when i was managing my files with "ES File Explorer" .

You can close the ticket

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @samerm28262

It is also working on my Huawei P30.

We'll have this shared with the team.

We'll post back once we have an update.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Some more information - File media discovery/listing is working fine with other android apps (VLC, Google Play Music, DJI Mimo, and various file managers listing files by audio/music media type) - i.e. they are all able to discover & list the local music/audio library.

Some additional Phone Details: OnePlus 5T Model A5010 // Android v10 (Google system update 292900700) // Build: OnePlus A5010_43_200601 // Oxygen OS v10.0.0

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

So I'm not sure what could happen on your end but here's how I do it.
I simply download the mp3 to my phone and it's displayed under My Files in Music and from there I can see it in GoPro App.
That's how I use it on my Note10.
Can you try like that?
Hiker

[ New ]

The mp3 files are in a local folder on my phone (some are downloaded from internet, some are copied from PC over data cable , etc) - As I mentioned in my previous message, other media android apps (VLC, DJI MiMO, Google Play Music, MediaMonkey, etc) are able to see the audio/map3 files when discovering media files across the device. This problem is only happening with GoPro app.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
So it seems that the app isn't "scanning" this particular folder here. Could you move it somewhere else? I don't know how this is structured on your phone but if you have a Download folder or a Files folder, put you music at the root of the Files folder or inside the Download folder? Just thinking out loud here.
Hiker

[ New ]

Hello

I've already tried moving the audio files in other folders, moving the files to the root folder. Nothing worked (The issue is not specific that that particular folder).

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Ok sorry about that, it seems that it's a device specific issue. We will see if we have a similar phone in-house to check.