Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Nomad

GoPro App Now Downloads Videos into app not camera roll?

Was this a recent change in an update?  Is there anyway to set the default download location back to the camera roll?   

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro App Now Downloads Videos into app not camera roll?

Hello @toughjump03443. Yes, GoPro media is now saved in the local folder within the app. The simplified app media gallery allows saving photos and videos in their original quality (including burst, time lapse and TimeWarp content). You have the option to save the media to your device once the media have been imported to the app. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Before, content you automatically download would stay in your phone for 7 days, is this still the case? Also, there used to be a way to delete automatically downloaded content, I can’t see that button anymore. I personally like this option very much since I download all content to my mobile, go through it and keep want I really want, the rest I delete from my phone. Thanks for clarifying!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jrubiese

The 7-day period is for edits made via Quik for mobile.

The files will be saved on the GoPro app and the phone(if you choose to download to your Photos/Gallery).

The auto delete option is available on Quik for Desktop only.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @aragon1006 

thanks for the reply, so If I understand correctly is that there is no more recent content (which would hold content for up to 7 days to be used in Quik and be deleted after a week if you did not save it on the device). and now if I download automatically all media from my gopro via the gopro app it will stay in my phone unless I manually delete it? 

Thanks,
Jordi

Highlighted
GoPro

@jrubiese, I think you're referring to the QuikStories. Prior to GoPro App version 5.2, all the content QuikStories transfers is considered temporary. The GoPro app would delete unused content 7 days after the time the last piece of media in a cluster is offloaded (3 days on Android). With GoPro app 5.2, QuikStories content no longer expires as your content will be saved to the "App" tab in the app.

When you download your contents from your camera via GoPro App, they will be saved to the "App" tab in the app. They will not be downloaded to your phone automatically. If you need to download these files into your mobile device's camera roll, you have to select the footage from the "App" tab and manually download them to your phone.

I think the advantage of this feature is, aside from the faster download speed, you can always go back to these footage in the app at any time even if your GoPro camera is no longer connected.