Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro App Not Working on iPhoneXR

[ New ]

Hi Everyone,

I recently upgraded from an iPhone8 to an iPhoneXR and the app is not connecting to my GoPro Hero 6 Black It worked perfectly for a year or so with the iPhone8. If I restart my iPhoneXR, it connects the first time, then stops.

I tried speaking with GoPro support via chat and the agent wanted me to update the camera to the latest software. I'm running the latest software, so that didn't make any sense.

I also called GoPro and after a painful 40minutes following the same instructions I tried myself, we were able to get the app to connect to the camera via an older iPhone7. The agent was somehow satisfied it connected even though the problem I'm having is on my iPhoneXR.

Today I was out on a run and the ap would not connect, so I turned off the bluetooth earbuds I was using and the app recognized the camera immediately. It stopped working again when I got home and tried to view the photos I took.

I think there is something with the bluetooth settings that is causing a conflict, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: GoPro App Not Working on iPhoneXR

[ New ]
Hi @aragon1006,

I turned on my GoPro after my iPhone app updated and I was immediately informed an update was available on the camera. That hasn’t happened before! I updated it and the camera syncs with my iPhone now!

Thanks!

Jonathan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @toughriver2462

Given that it connected on another phone means that the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connection of the camera is working fine.

The steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 should help you out.

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the app and your phone.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi Ej,

This is the first thing I did before contacting support. Even switching to 2.4ghz didn’t help.

Thanks

Jonathan
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jonathang7752

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS. Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi @aragon1006,

I turned on my GoPro after my iPhone app updated and I was immediately informed an update was available on the camera. That hasn’t happened before! I updated it and the camera syncs with my iPhone now!

Thanks!

Jonathan