Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Backpacker

GoPro App For iOS & Apple Watch Issue?

So I'm the top 3 users in the last year here.

But finally this one topic has topped me in my own steps.

So I have the latest iPhone & Apple Watch. I use the GoPro App

all the time and love it. But I really havn't tried the Apple Watch App.

It opened up pretty fast and worked as a remote, and that is super cool.

But when I slide over to the live preview page? I go to video? Just loading

and gives an error. I'd appreciated this if it worked. If the support team wants 

to reach me directly you know where to go. I know not many users use it

but just have to give feedback so it can work for users. 

IMG_5253.JPGIMG_5253.JPG

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro App For iOS & Apple Watch Issue?

Hi Chris, did you manage to fix this issue?
I’m facing the same problem here. IPhone 7, with Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS only), and a Hero 4 Session.

I’m able to remote control the camera through the watch, but can’t preview it. All softwares are updated.

Any tips for me?
Highlighted
Sightseer

A mi me pasa lo mismo.

Gopro Hero 6 actualizada

Apple Watch Series 3 actualizado

Highlighted
Nomad
Nomad

I first reported an error to the GoPro team in August of 2017 and the post below was from May of 2018 and still users are reporting issues !.

I think Gopro are misleading users that they have an app that lets an Apple Watch control their Gopro

The situation has not changed since my original post in August of 2017.

I have deleted and downloaded both the GoPro app AND the watch app numerous times with exactly the same result .....

• The Gopro app on the phone works perfectly.
  • after deleting and reinstalling the app on the watch, it works initially ( able to preview and change modes )
  • After a few days, when using it again, on the watch app the preview function just displays a bouncing blue circle and never displays a preview although you can change modes - though even this is a bit glitchy, only changing down the modes, not back again

It would seem that the connection between the watch and the phone for this function fails after one usage. This has not changed in any of the numerous updates despite me sending a bug message to the technical team.

Please pass this on to the software team, I'm sure one of them will have an Apple Watch available to check / test / update software / retest.

There's a lot of frustrated Gopro/Watch users out there who really want to get this part of the software working again as it's one of the (potentially) most awesome features of the GoPro ecosystem.

GoPro Session 5 / iPhone 8

Highlighted
Nomad
Nomad

Another update a few days ago ( actually about 5 since my post above and over a year since it was reported ) and still no action on the issue with the Apple Watch part of the app. STILL can't preview on a watch though you can on the phone.

ANOTHER missed opportunity for GoPro to resolve the issue - do they really care ?