Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro App ANDROID v4.2!

The app works on my samsung galaxy 9 just overcapture not working.
Highlighted
Explorer

@tallguysrc
Are you downloading the file first and then going into Media>Local in the GoPro app? This is where you should be able to locate the file to do OverCapture. It works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S7 so I'm surprised if it doesn't work on the S9.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have a Pixel 2 XL running 8.1 (I think I'm on the March or April OTA.) The app is entirely unusable. It will pair over WiFi and that's about all I can do. I have to wait literal minutes for it to unfreeze between clicking things. Anyone have any clue wtf is going on with this app? I ran it on my gf's crappy Motorola phone that's on Android 7 or something and is way under powered, and the app works much, much better. Unfortunately even on her phone the app crashes when I try to get the GoPro to Bluetooth pairing.

Anyone know another way to get the GoPro to pair up with Bluetooth without using the garbage app?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @royalpike80083

Thank you for reaching out. As this issue maybe associated with the particular phone model that you have, let our Support team help. You can get in touch with them through phone or chat here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Sometimes just uninstall the app and starting over fixes little bugs.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Sucks that we're being punished by GoPro for having the fastest phones. It's plainly ridiculous that there isn't support for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus yet. It should be long enough now for them to have gotten something working for it.

Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro has not done a very good job of following up with a software fix for Android users, ios work but you would think they would have fixed the app or offered a work around all these months later.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro App ANDROID v4.2! - A work around IS working on Galaxy S9

Update on my frustration with GoPro not supporting Android Galaxy S9+.

I found videos online showing that if you simply just connect your GoPro Fusion in the GoPro App as a Hero6 it will work! I tried this out and was SHOCKED! It actually works! I have live preview, can review photos and videos! Why hasn't GoPro just pushed this into the Fusion camera option?? It doesn't have overcapture, but who cares for now! I can't beleive no one offered this simple solution before on this thread!

Here is the link to the video that I used to understand what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbwSO5NvRV8