Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro 8 with iPhone 11Pro iOS 13.4 - Mobile Hotspot

[ New ]

I cannot get the mobile hotspot to work. 

Verizon signal is strong, click on option it goes to settings and everything is on. I can only use WiFi. I even turn the WiFi off and it still doesn't work. I had to just use the Phone to stream instead.

GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 with iPhone 11Pro iOS 13.4 - Mobile Hotspot

[ New ]

Hi @birdmanh54

There seems to be an issue when live streaming via Hotspot and this has been reported to the team.

Please use the Wi-Fi connection for now.

We'll post back once we have new information.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having the exact same issue trying to stream using my phone as a hotspot. I'm using an iPhone XR ios 13.3.1. It's very frustrating since I bought the Hero8 specficially so I could stream from outside where there is no local wifi.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @masharks. Are you getting any error message? Will you be able to send us a screenshot of it? Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
I wasn’t getting an error message just couldn’t find my iPhone in the available networks but I think I figured it out. When I just tried it again to see if there was an error message my iPhone popped up for a split second however when I tried to connect I got the attached error message. I ended up restarting and reconnecting everything but still no good then I looked in preferences and noticed I could change the Wi-Fi Band from 5GHz to 2.4GHz and that did the trick. I’ve tried it several more times and sometimes get the Cant Connect error but it works more tome than not. Here’s the result: https://www.facebook.com/ma.sharks.90/videos/699801617431783/?d=n

Thanks,
John
9AB9AA92-4EC6-4093-971B-1DA5D40E5664.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional information and the screenshot, @masharks. We will keep you posted.