Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro 7 Black and Google Pixel 5 Phone - Camera not listed

[ New ]

Hello,

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue? I recently got a Google Pixel 5 phone running Android 11, installed the GoPro app and I'm trying to pair to my GoPro 7 Black but the option is not in the dropdown - I see everything going back to GoPro 2/3, and then GoPro 7, GoPro 8, GoPro 8 Black and 9 Black. I tried to just pair it to GoPro 7 but it doesn't find the camera. 

Any tips?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro 7 Black and Google Pixel 5 Phone - Camera not listed

[ New ]

Hello, @cindieloo. Try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. If applicable, change the Wi-Fi Band on your camera to 2.4GHz. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @cindieloo. Try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. If applicable, change the Wi-Fi Band on your camera to 2.4GHz. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks so much @mariustanya !

That worked perfectly and I'm connected. :)

GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear that, @cindieloo. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!