Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro 6 WiFi Disconnecting Repeatedly from IPhone X

[ New ]
Hi,

For over a year I have been experiencing chronic WiFi disconnection issues with your GoPro 6 device.

Despite following all the suggestions on your website, the steps provide give me a temporary solution that lasts for about 10 minutes before the Camera disconnects from my phone again. As you can imagine this makes it impossible to have any kind of work flow and it is extremely frustrating.

I’m running version 6.5 (3495) of the app and my camera has been running the latest updated firmware as of 2/12/2020.

My phone is an iPhone X.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro 6 WiFi Disconnecting Repeatedly from IPhone X

[ New ]

Hi @toughvista74760,

Please reset the connection settings of your camera after that you should reset the camera to factory settings. 

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Go-pro-won-t-connect-to-app/td-p/210148

Visit that website then follow the suggested troubleshooting steps. 

Check your Wi-Fi settings then disable smart network switch or the settings that allows your phone to switch or connect to a wireless network with fastest/strongest internet connection. 

-Jay

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro 6 WiFi Disconnecting Repeatedly from IPhone X

[ New ]

Hi @toughvista74760,

Please reset the connection settings of your camera after that you should reset the camera to factory settings. 

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Go-pro-won-t-connect-to-app/td-p/210148

Visit that website then follow the suggested troubleshooting steps. 

Check your Wi-Fi settings then disable smart network switch or the settings that allows your phone to switch or connect to a wireless network with fastest/strongest internet connection. 

-Jay