10-11-2019 04:57 AM - edited 10-11-2019 04:57 AM
I am using an iPhone XR and shoot only in 1080 30fps. I’ve had a 1min Clip without highlights that would crash the app when I tried to add highlights. I opened the same clip from the GoPro Plus archive, added a highlight, and magically Stories then would let me add and edit more highlights. Do you think that it was a specific issue to the clip ?
10-25-2019 03:05 AM
Sorry about the issue you are having.
For the stand-alone video editing app Quik App (Android/iOS) I have no info concerning updates.
If the app is crashing at start your best bet is to delete the app and try to install again.
If the app doesn't save your final edit (freeze/Crash during export process) try this:
- Go back, exit your project and save it as a draft. It will be saved on the Quik Home.
- Then kill the app completely, reboot your device.
- Open Quik App, reopen the draft, change something: I suggest you use the video style RAW + try with a new music
- Try to move around some media + delete one media (photo or video), then export again.
- Make sure you have space on your device.
- Consider the number of files you have / size and duration > long/big file tend to make the app crash
- Long process but try to be iterative when adding media, seems like you have a particular file / corrupt file that make the whole export stuck. If you manage to identify your media you can remove it.
We've rencently introduced the multi-clip-editing experience into GoPro App so you can do your edit right after importing footage from your GoPro. Note that it's also possible to use phone media.
See this article for help > https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app
Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.
Also support for the latest phone isn't guaranteed.
I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality - also a NEW VERSION is just out > 6.2 probably worth a try :)
GoPro App has 2 new styles that Quik App doesn't have, as well as color correction + more speed options for slomo at media level.
Many more updates are planned to improve the global experience and add features! :)