Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Go pro app not compatible with Android S7

Hello, I am trying to download the gopro app, and it is telling me it is not compatible with my device. I updated my phone/apps to make sure that wasn't the issue, and it is still telling me the same thing. I am just trying to figure out how I can get the videos and picts from my go pro to my camera. I do not want to do this on my computer. Thank you!
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Go pro app not compatible with Android S7

What resolution/frame rate is your media created in? You wrote Android S7, do you mean the Galaxy S7? If so, I have bad news for you. The Samsung Galaxy S7 is a horrible phone for video editing. For whatever reason, Samsung put only a few crappy video encoders into the device. You should be OK with 1080p/30fps and sometimes 1080p/60fps, but otherwise you will have issues (1440p also works). I had the Samsung Galaxy S7 and switched to the LG v30, worlds better.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Daniel! Yes, I have a Galaxy S7. Thank you for that information! But I cannot even get the go pro app in the google store for me to download. It doesn't show up when I search it, so the problem is I can't get the videos or picts even to pop up to start editing. Were you able to download the go pro app? Thank you for your help! 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jgomez1

Which country are you currently located?

There are certain restrictions which prevent GoPro from releasing the app for use in certain regions of the world. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes, I was able to download the app, but I'm in the USA. I didn't know about the resections to some areas.
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm also in the US. It's so weird that I cannot download it.

Highlighted
Tourist

USA 

Highlighted
GoPro

That's odd @jgomez1

What OS version is your S7 on?

I have tested an S7 Edge and it's all good.

Would you be able to send/share a screen shot of the error when trying to download the GoPro app?

Thanks!

Ej