Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Go pro app iPhone 11 Pro imported clips not bringing gps data across.

Hey all. I run 2 GoPro Hero 7 blacks as helmet cams and both have the latest firmware and I’ve found recently that any files I import from them to my iPhone 11 Pro the gps data isn’t coming across with the clips. I’ve checked the settings and gps is enabled and the app as well as the iOS is up to date which I’m thinking might be the problem... has anyone else here encountered this? Any idea on how to fix it? I’ve attached a screen shot from the app showing the stickers are non functional...
26EE5349-DF2C-488B-B534-A18620C70340.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go pro app iPhone 11 Pro imported clips not bringing gps data across.

Hello @adamo586. There are times when the camera does not get GPS data even if the GPS is on or enabled. Were you able to see that the GPS icon turned solid white before the recording was initiated? Sometimes, there is a need to wait for GPS to be locked before starting the recording to make sure that there is sufficient data for the app to read. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Mariustanya, the icon showed the gps as active. I usually leave the camera on and sitting on my motorcycle outside while the bike warms up so it’s on but not recording for at least 4-5 minutes and the gps icon Is solid before use. I generally don’t check after I finish recording. Could clip length be affecting this? I usually capture 30 minutes of footage... clear the camera then go again...
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @adamo586

Would you  be able to test this with a different environment/setup?

Maybe while walking or keeping the camera steady outside. Try to record for about 5-10 minutes and see if it will keep the GPS information once transferred to the app.

This may help us in isolating where the trouble might be.

Thanks!

Ej