Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Go Pro App does not reflect same as Go Pro via Web how can I "refresh" the date I see?

I really have two issues:

1) Camera put wrong dates on files.  Fine I fixed them on-line.  However now when I click on cloud in the APP it shows me how things used to be not what is showing on-line in the cloud.

and 

2) Some files I try to upload say "already uploaded" even though they are not showing in either place.  I assume that they were either started at one time and failed or were there are one time and got deleted.

Anyone have a solution to either of these issues?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go Pro App does not reflect same as Go Pro via Web how can I "refresh" the date I see?

Hello @thepagan

The "file already exists" error on Plus has been submitted to the team.

We are waiting for further updates.

For the incorrect date on the files, were you able to check the files using an SD card adapter?

You may check the files on the SD card through Finder or File Explorer

Does it also show an incorrect date or is it only on the GoPro App?

Also, did you check if the camera has the correct date/time?

This usually happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Go Pro App does not reflect same as Go Pro via Web how can I "refresh" the date I see?

Thank you. Knowing the files alread exist error is in the queue I'm fine with that one.  And yes the date is correct on the camera and I think I have that fixed as well... BUT the continuing issue is that viewing cloud (storage) on the app is different than viewing the cloud storage on the web. 

The files are there but some have the wrong dates ieven though they have been corrected in the website.  I think those changes should reflect when I look at the cloud on my phone.  I assume the both the app and the website are accessing the same data.  It almost feels like my phone is not really refreshing and pulling a new view of the cloud storage.  I got it to work one time by deleting the app and reinstalling it but not really sure I want to do that everytime I upload new files. 

Does that make sense?  

Highlighted
Tourist

Maybe the better question is - is there a way in the android app to force a refresh of what is displaying as "cloud"?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @thepagan

Regarding the file already exists error you are getting. Would you mind posting the file names? 

Can you also help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Well lots of files.. in somer cases since the on-line app doesn't show me file names on some files it is hard to say which ones are on-line versuses ones that are not. And the activity display shows me no names and just says "the media you are uploading already exists in your media library"  when it does not appear to me to be in the library (Sorry I am not on my laptop that I have the media stored on at this point.. but I did walk thru manually thru the files there were on there to compare the actualy video and the video wasn't in the app or on-line when I tried to upload it again.  It is possible that they were attempted before and failed.. and something is saying they are still there.   Not as worried about that issues as I am about why the phone app and the web version displays different information.  At this point I am not concerned about uploading older (a couple of weeks) media as much as I am about getting things to work going forward for the files that are in storage.  .

image.png

Camera Version is 1.9 (which should be the latest as it was just manually update with help fro support a week ago)
GoProAPP Version 6.17 
Phone Samsung Galaxy S9
Andriod Version 10/Kernel 4.9.186-17655189

Notice here.. this is the online web page and under June 28th it shows 3 videos.

image1.png
But in the app it only shows 2 files under that date and the other file under January 7, 2016.  I did correct the date in the on-line version and it moved it but the phone app never updated and likely that was a mismatch in versions as on-line support helped me get this working to begin with (note date was not incorrect on the camera but recorded almost all videos with an incorrect date).  I would assume the phone app and the web app view the same data.

imag2e.png

I willl say I love having the camera, the stability control is cool.  But if uploading it and managing the videos is this hard I'm not sure how much I will use it.  So far it has been easier to upload to YouTube then to the native GoPro app.  I would prefer to just upload to GoPro. Thanks.. and thanks for the reply. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for these details that you provided, @thepagan. We will pass this along to the team. We will keep this thread posted once we have new information. 

On the GoPro App, you can refresh the media under the Cloud tab by selecting the three-dot icon on the upper-right portion of the page and choosing "Refresh." This refreshes the library in the sense that it displays newly-uploaded videos/media. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks I have used that refresh many times... it still displays things differently than the online/webbased URL. I think they should be the same.

I appreciate any feedback you have. Waiting patiently. :-)