Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Get videos from app to media storage / upload question

I am trying to get the videos I have stored on my  app to my plus media account. How do I transfer them? 

Also, do I really have to wait for the battery to be charged for the media to upload?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Get videos from app to media storage / upload question

Hey madgepowers,

If you have subscribed to GoPro Plus, all the media downloaded from the camera to the App will automatically get uploaded.

If you setup autoupload from the camera, you'll need to meet the following requirements:

- You'll need a 3.5gb storage free on the SD Card
- You need to have the camera at 80% + battery [it would be bad for your camera to upload, and for you to need the camera in the same time. You'd find your camera's battery depleted, coz it uploaded to cloud. That's why we have that limit there].

How do you know that the app is uploading?
1. Once the [non-uploaded] files are in App Media, you'll see 3 behaviors:
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with a tiny watch on the cloud, that means that the media file is QUEUED for upload.
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an arrow pointing Up, then that said media file is currently being uploaded to cloud
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an exclamation mark, then the upload sequence for that media file errored out, and it'll re-attempt once you access the app again.
- If no cloud symbol is displayed on the thumbnail, then the file was uploaded to cloud.

Let me know if this helps :)
aarlekk

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@madgepowers - We have a few different ways that you can do this. Check out https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus for more details.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey madgepowers,

If you have subscribed to GoPro Plus, all the media downloaded from the camera to the App will automatically get uploaded.

If you setup autoupload from the camera, you'll need to meet the following requirements:

- You'll need a 3.5gb storage free on the SD Card
- You need to have the camera at 80% + battery [it would be bad for your camera to upload, and for you to need the camera in the same time. You'd find your camera's battery depleted, coz it uploaded to cloud. That's why we have that limit there].

How do you know that the app is uploading?
1. Once the [non-uploaded] files are in App Media, you'll see 3 behaviors:
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with a tiny watch on the cloud, that means that the media file is QUEUED for upload.
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an arrow pointing Up, then that said media file is currently being uploaded to cloud
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an exclamation mark, then the upload sequence for that media file errored out, and it'll re-attempt once you access the app again.
- If no cloud symbol is displayed on the thumbnail, then the file was uploaded to cloud.

Let me know if this helps :)
aarlekk
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm a newbie and bound and determined to get this working! Your directions were perfect! 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I was directed here a few times in my search. It doesn't explain how to get the videos stored in the app to the media storage. Thanks for giving it a shot! :)