Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - unable to export any of my Hero 10 footage on the Quik App

[ New ]

I am unable to export any videos in my Quik app...

On Android 11 - Galaxy Note 20 ultra

I have over 50gb of free space on my phone's internal drive

Content filmed on Gopro Hero 10 with version 1.2

Filmed as mostly timewarp (4k) and some cinematic (5k and 4k mixed). 

All content is auto uploaded to cloud - the Quik is used to download and edit the footage (~30-40 separate clips), and the edit comes together just fine, no issues. But then when i try to export it fails between 50-70% every time. I have tried removing footage down to 20 ish clips, tried 5k export down to 720p export, tried Quik version 10.7, 10.6, 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3.

Tried footage from a different day (same camera). No matter what I do i cannot get it to export. I have been able to export one edit in this phone and app, but it was older footage from my Hero 5 session + some phone footage. 

I have tried all the steps outlined on: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-How-to-Resolve-Crashing-or-Freezing-Issues/ta-p/392953

I first suspected it was corrupt files, but when i think i've found the bad files, i try to make a separate edit using only bad files, and it exports just fine, and the video clip once the bad files are removed still does not export. If i remove most of the files and keep it short I can get it to export, but then if i add in some more files, and then remove some files it stops exporting again.

I've tried different music, different themes, etc. 

The failure occurs at the export phase, it shows no error, just goes back to the media clip page without exporting anything.

I am not sure what to try next. @mariustanya - you were giving me some support in the other chat, so wanted to follow up with you. Thanks!

Tourist

Rif.: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - unable to export any of my Hero 10 footage on the Quik App

[ New ]

Same problem.

GoPro Phone support suggested me to erase all files in the APP. I did it, I erase also video made by me. I try to upload photos from app and it works. Then when I try to upload video edited by me (2GB) it starts and then it stuck. My connection is not fast (1MB/sec in upload) , it starts but then it stopped. But it doesn't tell you, you just see that blue "uploading" line is not moving. So you try to log out and so re log on, but I don't know.

It's very annoying...

Galaxy S20 and HERO10.

Massimo

GoPro

Rif.: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - unable to export any of my Hero 10 footage on the Quik App

[ New ]

@massimobonomi82 @saqib117 

Could you update your app to 10.7 as this is the latest update available, it has just been published.

Thank you

Hiker

[ New ]

I just updated to 10.7 this morning and tested again. I am still expericing the same issues. I have found that by adding only a few clips at a time I was able to get an almost complete working video, but when I add in the last few clips it fails to export. So it might be corrupt files, but so far, using this method I have identified at least 5 files that the app had problems with. All of which were on different days and filmed in a similar setting as other clips.

And as mentioned previously i've tried to just do an edit including the supposed corrupt files and the app has no problem, it's only when those files are added to a longer edit. So it is really confusing. If it is corrupt files, how can I confirm? they play on their own just fine, file size is good, no issues otherwise. I feel like the app is very sensitive to something.

GoPro

[ New ]

It seems that it's just the addition of those files all together that makes it not work - probably because there are too many high res media at the same time,e ach added high res media will put a little more pressure on the system, especially if you do have 5K in the lot. Honestly just 4K media are a tough cookie to handle on mobile so 5k, you can imagine....

Multi-clip edits (Stories), require the app to open up multiple files simultaneously, in order to smoothly transition from one clip to the next. This is fine for files like 2.7K, 1080/60 and so forth. But, for the larger resolution files like 4K 4:3 and 5K, opening multiple files of those sizes will be too demanding on the device.

Hiker

[ New ]

That was my suspicion as well - however, i've also tested by adding a few files at a time, and as soon as it stops working, i go back and remove the added files, and sometimes even remove extra files, and I find that the edit no longer exports. Meaning, an edit that once did export, once it fails once, it always seems to fail. 

Is there some sort of log export I could do to share the data with the team?

Hiker

[ New ]

@haindash I wanted to make sure it wasn't what you described even further, so I got only 6 clips, from a brand new day of recording, all of which recorded at 4k, and on a fresh reformatted SD card (formatted from gopro). And the 6 clip video also did not export - I created the video, let it auto edit (did not even try to customize) and then tried to save export at 1080p, and it did not work.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @saqib117

I'm quite puzzled at your issue here. You're doing everything by the book it seems, you don't have Android 12 which is honestly a problem in itself for many things in Quik App, so that's good.

What's your phone chipset? Exynos or Snapdragon?

Not being able to save even in 1080p is just very very surprising.

Will you be willing to share with me (Dropbox for ex or else) those 6 files so I try on my end, I have a Note10 and I never encountered issues with rendering stuck.

The thing with logs is that currently Production logs are not very useful, we are working to make logs more efficient for our dev team, but at the moment only a Debug app can provide detailed logs.

Could you also do the same testing but instead of filming in 4K you film in 2.7K to see how that goes?

Thank you and sorry for all this.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @@saqib117,

Just to be sure, you get an error message that says: Unable to export?
Or just it stays stuck?

Thank you

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for the reply!

I have a Snapdragon 865 - Note20 Ultra 5G. In the test with the 6 clips, I was able to save, even at 4k, when I first did the auto edit, but without adding or removing any clips, I made some small edits (picked a few highlights), and then the export stopped working.

The exact symtoms are as such:

When i click save to phone -> I select 1080p, or whatever resolution (tested in HEVC and other format). Then the blue progress bar and percentage starts to move, and at some percentage (varies depending on the video, but consistant if i try to export the same edit over and over) it will just go black for a moment, and then go back to the screen where the edit can be previewed (right before i initiated the save to phone). When it works it says "Success!" and it stays on that page until I prompt it, but that does not happen.

I would be willing to share the files - I will try to message you directly to coordinate how to send them to you. 

I will try my next set of videos at 2.7k. 

Thanks for your support.