Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GPS overlay broken

I can't add any gps related overlays to my hero 7black after the new update for gopros hero 8. I'm on IOS 13.1.2 and GoPro app V6.1.  Even old videos where the overlay used to work now won't work at all even though it has before on the exact same videos.  My only guess is when the app updated, maybe all the gps metadata was wiped from all my videos but that is unlikely.

Anyone know a solution or have the same problem?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GPS overlay broken

Hello @nobledive33868. To verify, are you using the same video file that worked with GPS prior to the latest GoPro App update? This means, you were able to display stickers with version 6.0 of the app before. If so, this may be related to this case

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

I’m having the same problem could someone explain it
Sightseer

Hi noble five I think they have just fixed it if you go to where the pen is on the bottom bar where it used to be there will be editing options if you slide to the left all the way you will see stickers and it has worked for me
Tourist

The problem is when I go to that setting, it says the overlays need gps, even though gps is working
GoPro

Hello @nobledive33868. To verify, are you using the same video file that worked with GPS prior to the latest GoPro App update? This means, you were able to display stickers with version 6.0 of the app before. If so, this may be related to this case

Tourist

I think it is related, thank you!