Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

GP Hero 7 won't auto upload when USB C cable connected to charger

When I installed the Android app and configured auto upload, the camera gave me a message stating that files would auto upload when the device was plugged in and charging. I connected my device via USB C cable, and now the device says "UPLOAD PENDING. Auto Upload will start when your camera's battery is charged."

It's mighty inconvenient that the device cannot upload while charging. Is this behavior correct, or is there a setting somewhere that I need to enable to allow my device to simultaneously charge and upload?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GP Hero 7 won't auto upload when USB C cable connected to charger

@markr85650, when using the Auto Upload feature in the camera, your GoPro has to be plugged into a wall charger. The Auto Upload works only when your camera is sufficiently charged and connected to a wall charger.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GP Hero 7 won't auto upload when USB C cable connected to charger

Yep...as said in the OP, I'm plugged in to a charger...though I thank you for taking the time to offer the suggestion.

One thing I discovered is that once the battery is fully charged, it uploads. It just seems a shame that I have to wait for that recharge cycle to complete before the upload starts. I mean, if I'm at 95%, a few minutes isn't so bad. If I'm at 18%, that's something closer to an hour.

CHEAT: It seems that if I unplug the device from the USB cable, it sometimes starts to upload, then I can plug the cable in and it sometimes finishes uploading that file. It isn't consistently working, but the fact that it does work sometimes indicates (a) there's a logic flaw in its firmware, and (b) it IS possible to charge while uploading. Why not make that the default, or at least give me an option in settings that allows upload while charging?