Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

Seriousls, GoPro?  There are so many people having been reporting this issue for almost a year yet there is no fix for this issue??!

Sightseer

Jus didi a downgrade from v5 to v4 firmware and all the pictures taken with the v4 firmware displayed just fine. Its some BUG with V5 software FOR SURE.

1 year later and NO SUPORT from GoPro...what a mess...
Sightseer

Hi Gopro,
Please solve the issue immediately. I am also having the same issue for the thumbnails. I can't even view my shots on the camera. What a disappointment for the Gopro brand. Please respond to your customers immediately to solve the issues. You have not been updating the Gopro Hero 4 for almost 1 year.
Tourist

I was planning to buy a new GoPro, but after seeing that the GoPro's reckless attitude to solve the more than a year's problem I go back down. I'm looking for other brands for an action cam. Let's face it: GoPro will do nothing for this, and in the future they will assume the same attitude... Does anyone have any other brand suggestions? 

Tourist

This problem is causing me so much hassle. its not convinient, it makes the app useless for preview wether you got the right picture or not considering you cannot see it clearly on the camera's screen being so small. I hope go pro finally fix this up. 

IOS 11, iPhone 7

Go pro firmware V5.00

Capture app: updated to latest version

Tourist

@marvinroil263 wrote:

This problem is causing me so much hassle. its not convinient, it makes the app useless for preview wether you got the right picture or not considering you cannot see it clearly on the camera's screen being so small. I hope go pro finally fix this up. 

IOS 11, iPhone 7

Go pro firmware V5.00

Capture app: updated to latest version

I think they won’t. More than a year, that much complaints, but all they do is advertising on the new models, I don’t believe that anyone in GoPro trying to fix this problem, they’re just trying to make us buy a newer model.

Sightseer

Having tha same issue! Is this issue has been resolved? Thank you in advance for any reply :)
Tourist

Have the same problem, since the update all pictures are black, can see them only through the gopro itself, not the app and not the pc. Also taking SD card out doesn't help as they stay black that way too. Do this is what I got from the support. Did anyone try that? Were you able to retrieve the footage you had? For the minute I just care about saving the files the gopro can go in the bin. Please help. The guy from support doesn't sound too assuring that the files will survive this Smiley SadScreenshot_2018-01-04-08-50-56.png