Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

I was already the first. My firmware is now in the v4 version. I own a GoPro Hero 4 Silver.

Tourist

I'm so going to do that next days

Tourist

hey can you give us a link of the v4.0 for hero 4 silver?

Tourist

can you please give me a link for the v4.0 of hero 4 silver. i might encounter fake firmware and might destroy my camera.
Tourist

do not expect gopro team give us an official link for the firmware 4.
just check out this thread they are not even aware there are people with problems with tumbnails
peraonally I will give a go to the link someone shared above.
Tourist

im not sure if i am allowed to post any links here but

just google softpedia gopro 4 silver camera firmware 4.0 and follow instructions

its on the softpedia drivers website

take note though pictures that u have taken with your camera while your gopro is still version v5 firmware will still not be able to be viewed on the downgraded version v4. however new pictures taken after downgrading to v4 firmware is all showing fine.

my gopro is now back to version 4.0 and everything is fine now no more error signs on new photos taken.

most probably pictures taken by v5 firmware is already locked by the v5 firmware resolutions settings.

if you want to further downgrade your gopro back to v1 v2 v3 just click the google link provided and follow instructions

cheers everyone

Tourist

Yesterday I followed the tutorial, downloaded the frameware to 4 and, as said above, it's working fine now but it only works with pictures taked with the version 4.

Thank you guys.

Hiker

-Smart phone OS version: I'm using iPhone 5 SE and iPad Pro

-Camera firmware version:02.00

-Capture App version:4.0

-If you've updated any of the above recently, did you see the issue appear after the update, or was it present before the update and carried over? Please indicate what you updated if this is the case. Happened after the most recent update - haven't checked on my mac yet

-Do you see exclamation points (!) over your footage, something else, or if they're just blank, black tiles. Yes I do and when i try to play sme i get an error message that the file can't be palyed (or something like that)