Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

It seems they force us to buy the GoPro Hero 5 ... but I would never buy anything else from a company like this. In my opinion this is a total disrespect to their clients.

If they at least make the previous firmware available in their website for customer like me, who wants to rollback the firmware to the previous version, it would be great.

I know the problem is not in the sd card because the card is original, bought from amazon and in the previous firmwares it was working everything allright in the app. Now using the v4 firmware I have nothing to complain, everything is fine.

Hope someday soon they post a new firmware for everyone.

Sightseer

Same problem here. Not all vids import with no thumbnail, but aproximately 60% have no thumbs. I am using the Hero 5 Black with the SD Card that came with it. Alienware i7 Laptop running Win 10x.

Really annoying for such a high dollar product to have what should be an extremely easy fix on their app.

Tourist

how - where can you find the older firmware version to load into the camera?

Tourist

-Smart phone OS version: iPhone 6s Plus (iOS 10.3.3) and Samsung Galaxy S4 (5.0.1)

-Camera firmware version: Hero 4 Silver v05.00

-Capture App version: v4.0

recently updated to latest capture app version but still same problem exist. problem found on both android and ios phone. i even tried to change sd cards but still same problem exist. previous sd card was a 32GB sandisk pixtor advanced. changed to 64GB sandisk extreme. but still same problem exist.

hope somebody can help me.

20472308_1606920302733675_1235045164_o.jpg
Hiker

I think we must make some hashtag like #HelpUsGoPro or #FixThisFirmGoPro, and make a lot of twitts with this hash in the GoPro acount trying to catch the attention, at least to have an answer from GoPro dev team.

Tourist

I was wondering.. how can it be even possible the gopro team are NOT seeing this?

As far as I know, this problem affects 100% of the customers - and seems seems quite simple to fix

Some thoughts:

Did they got rich enough to not bother to fix that? 

Are they too busy building the new gopro frameware and can't care for old customers anymore?

Did they forget the login/password to access this forum and read all of this?

Are they blind?

Cmon guys, give us something

Tourist

As I suggested in one of my previous posts, It would be a good idea everyone to open a support ticket

Tourist

Gopro on Twitter just wrote 1hour ago the the capture app has been updated. I just downloaded it now for android and also asked them on twitter if this release will fix the issues (will let you know if they respond).

I tried the updated app, and I'm not sure yet. Seem like to me that more pictures/vids are read-able now, but not all. Before about 50% was read-able, now maybe 90%.. or the Gopro app is just having a good day.. dunno..

Would be nice if more peeps here can check it out too and compare