Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

[ Edited ]

How long do we need to wait ? This is happened to me for past few months ago . 

For past few month ago , i cant even download the picture thru my phone . But today i can download the pictures but still cant view it thru from the app . This is really annoying . 

17806702_10155169268622445_1156493715_n.jpg
Sightseer

I've had this issue for months. I'm on the latest firmware and the app is up to date on my iPhone. Formatting the card does not help. I just installed the latest Capture update and the issue is still not resolved. When will this be fixed?
Sightseer

Is there an ETA for the fix?

Tourist

Before, when someone asked me "Is GoPro a good camera... a good brand?" I used to say "Yes, of course! It is a professional Gadget" ... Now after buying it I am so disappointed... We expect at least the hardware and software to work as expected, but it doesn't, and I mean, come on! this is not cheap, this gadget is expensive and we expect at least they test the new firmware before releasing it to public... The older firmware worked OK. Now everyone is having this issue since last year and we don't have any feedback from the GoPro team with at least a date for the fix.

Tourist

i wonder if GoPro team is reading here or not.

We spend a lot of money for this camera. Why can't we get help?

Tourist

Is there any website where we can post our "review" about this product and its post selling service? So other future customers can read it before buying it. In Brazil we have a website a lot of people take look before buying, but for other countries I don't know.

Sightseer

Hi Guys, any can anybody suggest how to fix this thumbnails issue? It's irritating. All I can see is the ⚠️⚠️⚠️ Sign. Thank you so much.
Tourist

- LG Nexus 5X with Android 7.1.2

- GoPro Hero 4 silver, v5.00

- Capture App v3.3.1 

- Black thumbnail issue only appeared after latest update, no issues prior

Did a format of SD card after uploading previous batch of videos/pictures.

Did not improve on the issue.

So I'm signing up as the the others in this thread.

Problem seemed to emerge when i updated my camera to v.5.00