Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

Hi Mariustanya,
Thanks for your quick response👍much appreciated, kudo to you. I can flash away worry free now.
I understand you cannot provide older firmware versions... and as stated before the last update was nearly 2 years ago so I'm not going to hold my breath for a firmware update (although I would love to be proved wrong 🙏, not to mention it would be pretty impressive if GoPro released a firmware update for such an old model🤟, it would be a PR trumpet to blow for sure... go on Gopro do it, do it, do it...)
So...can anyone else who has successfully downgraded to Firmware version 4 supply a MD5 or SHA1 as don't want to flash something that's got corrupt/damaged during download as don't want to brick my Gopro.
Tourist

Tourist

@greenstar02104 I totally agree with you on this, the firmware should be updated, but I've read a few people on this forum say that they wouldn't expect GoPro to support "such an old model". I bought my Hero4 in September 2016. One month later, in October 2016, they released a firmware update that made it drastically less usable. They haven't updated the firmware since, they've not fixed the issue, they've not even really acknowledged the problem, and they won't make older versions available. This isn't the same as (for example) Apple continuing to support the iPhone 3G. GoPro have effectively discontinued a device that is less than two years old.

Personally I've found the GoPro experience to be absolutely terrible and I wouldn't purchase a GoPro product again.