Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

when can fix GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW #goproamin #goprosupportingteam #gopro

Highlighted
Tourist

@fastflame58126 You can use all the hashtags you want, GoPro have neither the inclination or the ability to fix this problem. I think rolling back to the version 4 firmware is the only solution, version 5 is broken.
Highlighted
Tourist

Go Pro 4 Black, app used on iPad mini 2

! Thumbnail no preview (black image until loaded into ! Thumbnail) after updating camera and app.

how to fix?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @epicdive53487

Were the updates completed successfully?

Try to unpair the camera and the iPad by forgetting the Wi-Fi name/Bluetooth ID from the iPad's settings. The next step is to delete the camera name from the app.

Proceed with the pairing process again.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your reply.

I used to be able to see my pics and video correctly in the App. Seems like only pics and vids after the update was successfully uploaded are not showing. Actually maybe 4/100 appeared and the rest is black with ! Thumbail. 

I tried to unPair and re-Pair and it still does the same, only older pics are o.k. And all recent ones not showing.

how can I manually undo the update? Maybe thats a solution?

Highlighted
Tourist

Read though the entire thread I’ve posted a tutorial on how to manually downgrade your GoPro version
Highlighted
Tourist

Ny so good with technology so here is ky question, would I lose pic currently on my SD doing so?

Highlighted
Hiker

I think that gopro have not a Good future :satisfied customers are the most important thing in economics.

If i will buy a new camera, sure i do not buy a Gopro.