Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

I am also seeing the triangle symbols where a single picture exists on playback using my IPad running iOS 10.3.3. This was not there before the last update.

Tourist

Just buy one of the newest models... Your prolem will be solved...Because they don’t intend to solve your problem, they just intend to sell you a new camera. That’s their policy... When your new cam start to show you triangles, this means that GoPro had a new cam, and you have to buy it. It’s just like the mafia. They won’t support you or their product.

Tourist

iPad Pro iOS 11.2.5

hero4 Silver firmware 5.00

GoPro app 4.3.1

803E119A-8282-4FB3-A98E-8CED35DC4318.png
Tourist

I too have been having this issue. I first reported it to GoPro in April of 2017, almost a year ago. I hoped a firmware or app upgrade would come out an fix it. 

I called GoPro again yesterday and demanded that the issue be escalated as this is ridiculous...maybe if we all start calling and demanding a fix it will get something done!

1-855-635-3578 is the number. 

Tourist

I've also been seeing this issue for over a year now. I'm guessing a firmware update would fix it, but as other users have pointed out, GoPro seem more keen on releasing new cameras and pointless social media integrations ("Quik Stories"?!) than fixing their terrible hardward/software. Very disappointing. Support requests or messages to their Twitter are ignored. I wouldn't buy a GoPro device again.

Tourist

I called support a week ago. We've been going back and forth on email since then. No fix yet. I am using:

iPad Pro iOS 11.2.5

Hero4 Silver with firmware 5.00

GoPro app 4.3.1

Lexar 64GB 633x card

The support rep asked me to try a different card, which I don't have. I'll report back after I track down and try a different card.

What card are you using and having the missing thumbnail issue? Is the Lexar 64GB 633x card the culprit?

Tourist

I think this sums things up nicely. Blame the memory card?! Brilliant. Does that really sound likely to anyone?

FWIW I have a 32Gb SanDisk card and the exact same issue happens. GoPro are clutching at straws here, and doing everything to avoid admitting that their software is at fault. Pathetic.

Tourist

I'm using

Iphone 7 plus iOS 11.2.6

Hero 4 Silver firmware 5.0.0

Go Pro App 4.3.1

I don't have the card info handy, however I have tried several different ones, all behave the same. Even if I reformat them. 

Just for the record, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app and reapplied the firmware to the camera. 

None of this has made a difference. 

Started having this problem after the firmware upgrade, as did many of the users on here. Pretty sure the problem is the firmware.