Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Anonymous

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

Hi
I have the same problem too.
iPhone 6s version 10.2.1
Go pro hero 4 black version 5.0.0
Anonymous

Dont know if the thumbnail is black on S5, havent looked at it through app only on PC

Hero 4 Session v02.00

Quik PC App v2.2.0.4944 

I was getting an error when attempting to import using Quik stating some files couldnt be imported, so i plugged the SD card directly into a card reader on my PC and imported that way. Not all the files that came in were missing thumbnails, 28 of 42 are black with a question mark. They all appear to be playable.

gopro thumbnail.PNG

Tourist

Same problem on Capture App and Quik For Desktop 

- Samsung Galaxy S4, Android v5.0.1

- GoPro Hero 4 Black, v5.00

- Capture App v3.2.1 (3686)

- Question Marks (?) appeared in desktop application for all pics/videos, Blank Thumbnails in Capture App

Catura Quik.PNG
Anonymous

Similar problem here. Most, not all, single images display the ! inside a triangle and this is with same settings during a single shooting session. Hope there's a fix...
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Same issue here. The data card was formatted using the camera, and I can pull all the photos from it in my computer. I'm using latest "Capture" app and latest firmware as of today.

Highlighted
Tourist

Totally regret after accidentally pressing update to version 5 on my silver 4, now all my pictures taken on iphone capture app all shows triangle sign.

Can any one teach how to back to version 4?
Tourist

Hi people, I suggest everyone to Open support tickets in the GoPro website and explain the problem, also post the link to this forum thread so GoPro team can pay some attention to us

Tourist

Hi people, I've got the following response from the GoPro Support Team:

"Thanks for contacting GoPro Support, and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have and I apologize for any inconvenience with trying to preview with Capture.

Are you able to download and playback the videos on your iPhone or Android? If you are able to download successfully and playback on from your camera roll, then this is a known issue/bug that our developer's are currently working on. I would continue to keep an eye out for any updates on your device for the Capture app."

So, basically we have to wait until next updates... Smiley Sad