12-13-2016 03:49 PM - edited 12-13-2016 03:50 PM
I bought my new GOPRO HERO 4 SILVER a week ago and immediately update the firmware to v05.00.
Recentley, while i was using the Capture app for android, I found out that some of my photos (single mode) have black thumbnails in the camera roll (no ! sign and no other title, just black), Some of them I even wasn't able to open thru the app.
When i connected the camera to computer - there is no thumbnails for the exact same photos (no consistency on when it's happen).
I do able to open the photos thru copmuter or watch them in playback mode on the camera.
When i put the sd card in usb reader - everything looks fine (no thumbnails for the deffective photos when connecting the camera with USB).
- Tried to contact the support via e-mail - with no luck.
- Tried to reformat the sd card serval times, replace the sd card, using with wi-fi, without wi-fi, with airplane mode.
- Tried to update manually the firmware again, tried update the Capture app - no luck.
12-28-2016 05:33 PM
I have an update!
After alot(!) of tests i can say 100% its firmware bug.
Its happening on v05.00 only (tested with 4 different new cameras with the local reseller!).
I recommend you not updating your Hero 4 Silver camera to the latest version.
Very strange that I was the first one to find it since it's major bug in my eyes.
Hope they will release new fix soon.
01-09-2017 02:57 PM
We have been hearing reports of this happening in the Capture App and are investigating further. If you are having an issue, please respond back with the following:
-Smart phone OS version:
-Camera firmware version:
-Capture App version:
-If you've updated any of the above recently, did you see the issue appear after the update, or was it present before the update and carried over? Please indicate what you updated if this is the case.
-Do you see exclamation points (!) over your footage, something else, or if they're just blank, black tiles.
01-11-2017 01:58 AM
- iPhone 5 (iOS 10.2), iPhone 7 (iOS 10.2), iPad Air 2 (iOS 9.3.1)
- New cam with lastest firmware. Prodlem "from box".
- I see exclamation points (!) over footage.
01-14-2017 09:23 AM
- Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v6.0.1
- GoPro Hero 4 Silver, v5.00
- Capture App v3.1.1 (3478)
- Black thumbnail issue only appeared after latest update, no issues prior
- Question Marks (?) appeared in desktop application, Blank Thumbnails in Capture App
01-16-2017 04:32 PM
Gopro hero 4 silver v5
Tested with iphone, samsung tablet and htc e8 android v6
Tested with sd card recommended by gopro.com
I ve tried formating sd card by gopro and desktop, but still not working