Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

Week 9 corresponding with support. Latest response:
...Upon the review, our team is aware about the related issue and is working on a fix for it. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time as to when this will be fixed as of now...
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, further to the last post on this topic,  do GoPro now have a view as to when the fix will be available for this issue ?

Thanks, Mike

Highlighted
Tourist

@spiryhero5658 GoPro are never going to fix this issue. They don't understand it, they don't know why it happens, and they have no interest in updating the firmware for an "old" product. I think most people in this thread (including myself) have just given up and made a mental note not to by a GoPro again.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @spiryhero5658

Thank you for checking back. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance on this matter. you can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya This has been an ongoing issue since at least December of 2016. We've all been in touch with GoPro support since then. 

I'm done waiting on your developers and would like a replacement camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

I posted a reply to this earlier, stating that I didn't believe the GoPro developers had any interest in fixing this problem, and it seems to have been deleted. Weird.

Seriously, though, this issue is never going to be resolved. It's been a problem for years, even since v5 of the firmware as far as I can tell, and GoPro have mainly fobbed people off by blaming their brand of memory card. Or, they tell us to contact support -- which everyone has done, and apparently posting a message on this forum ("Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked") doesn't count as asking for support...?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Highlighted
Tourist

Well for those who are still not giving up, hats off to you guys, for those who finally realise and accept that GoPro is not going to give 2 cents to this issue, good to move on.

Guys just follow the post in which there is a tutorial on how to manual downgrade your firmware and never to update it again no matter what, your hero 4 will be working fine again.

For those who still ain’t giving up and still hoping for GoPro to give 2 cents to you to fix this issue, good luck and continue bugging them

The rest just downgrade manually and move on with life.

Like I said much earlier on, Apple will not be bothered with your firmware issues for the iPhone 3 and ain’t gonna fix it when it’s already the iPhone 8, same logic here, peace out .