Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

Yesterday was the 6 week mark for my support case. Here is the latest response:

---

Thank you for getting back to us, and apologies for the delayed reply.

I understand the frustration as this is something that you've been experiencing for quite some time already. I appreciate you going through all the recommended steps and providing me the information.

Yes, I've seen and read the forum thread upon initially scrutinizing the case details back then. Please allow me a few days to further verify this issue, and I'll ensure to get back to you with a substantiate solution.

---

I'll let you when I hear back "with a substantiate solution"

Highlighted
Tourist

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 a few days?!!! 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 I can’t help myself, to stop laughing.... A few days? You had 365x2 days to solve this issue and you need a few days more?

I give you endless days... You can do whatever f... during these time, But I’ll never buy a product from GoPro. Not even a sticker...
Highlighted
Tourist

Week 7. Crickets from GoPro support.

Highlighted
Tourist

I asked support to replace my camera with a fully functioning model. Here's their response:

Your time and coordination all through the process are very much appreciated.

I can't verify that this as a known issue as I wasn't able to replicate the problem upon our team's internal tests. Though, I acknowledge the facts given on the results of all the troubleshooting steps we did -- in the attempt to resolve the problem, and all the details provided throughout. As mentioned on one of my previous emails, this may further point us to possible issue on either the microSD card currently used or the camera itself. 

On your case, the problem happened right after installing the firmware update v5.00, and re-installing the firmware did not help at all. Therefore, it is also most likely possible that there could be a fault with the camera.

If I remember correctly, you mentioned that your HERO4 Silver camera was purchased about a few years ago. Unfortunately we are unable to replace your camera as it is no longer under warranty. However, with that being said, we absolutely want to help out as best as we can.

We know these situations can be difficult and frustrating, so we would like to offer a 20% discount towards the purchase of one new camera from our web store. This one-time exception can be applied to the purchase of a HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session camera.

In order to take advantage of the discount, we’ll need you to please send your damaged camera back to our facility. Once it is received, you can give us a call to place your discounted order over the phone.

Should you like to take us up on this offer, please let me know by replying directly to this email and I can get the process started. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have and I will be more than happy to continue helping.

Highlighted
Tourist

Absolutely pathetic. "Can't verify this is a known issue". Still blaming the SD card. Offering a miserable 20% off a new camera -- a camera from a company that most of us would never buy from again -- and even then, only if you go to the hassle of packaging and returning your "damaged" camera. This company is a joke. It's blatantly obvious that the firmware is broken.

Presumably if we did send them a camera that has this problem, they'd then be able to fix it, as they'd have a unit that would replicate the issue? We all know that wouldn't happen though -- there's a problem with the firmware that they can't find and can't/won't fix.
Highlighted
Hiker

I’m ready to buy a new camera and it’s not going to be a go pro , I’m selling it . What camera should I get ?
Highlighted
Tourist

I’m looking for a while (since I first realized that gopro not worth a doit) for an equivalent cam and Sony DSC-RX0 seems quite perfect. Of course its “marketing” part (3rd party accessories etc.), isn’t as good as gopro (because its an exaggerated trademark), but picture quality is as good as gopros. My only problem is, I can’t find anybody actually using one, if I can, I’ll write from here.
Highlighted
Tourist

Also; Garmin cameras are a little bit pricier but, better.