Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 BLANK THUMBNAILS - NO PREVIEW

Hi @petert3408

I am sorry for any troubles this has caused. Kindly check this link for reference on Supported Resolutions for Copy and Share in the GoPro App.

Should you need further assistance, please reach us back via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Tourist

Wow! Some genius guy just copy-pasted some links and solved all of our problems 😂. None of us could ever thought this. At least someone noticed the problem, that’s a leap too. 

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 Is this a joke? Have you even read the rest of this thread? Seriously, is GoPro support now actively trolling its customer base?

That link has absolutely nothing to do with this problem. It seems to me that the v5 firmware update broke thumbnails, and I don't think the firmware has been updated since. Stop blaming users, and memory cards, and picture formats, and just fix your software.
Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 thank you for confirming my camera and app should do what I’m trying to do. GoPro needs to fix the problem that has persisted for over a year so we can all actually see the supported resolutions.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for making sure that your cameras are updated to the latest firmware, and you have the latest version of GoPro app on your phones/mobile devices, and that you are using a recommended SD card.

Has anyone tried out the steps as discussed here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Unable-to-View-Camera-Media-in-the-GoPro-A... ?

Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

I have tried this steps with no luck.

Android 7.0

Hero 4 Black

Firmware 5.0

SD Sandisk Ultra 64GB

Highlighted
Tourist

I’ve (I’m sure everybody here have too) tried these long long before. I’ve reformatted the cards, in the camera, and out of it in a card reader many times.

Article states that “a picture/video that not compatible -too high resolution- with my mobile device”. But all of our mobile devices was able to show this “too high” resolution pictures before the update and they became idiots after gopro firmware update?
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro, please fix **bleep**ing problem with our cameras!!!!! Smiley Frustrated