Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GOPRO APPS FOR MOBILE

[ New ]

Hello everyone,,

I'm about to take ownership of a Hero 3 which I understand can connect via wifi to a mobile device; from reading the instructions I understand that the Hero can be controlled via a mobile device but I want to record what the camera sees direct to the mobile so that I can edit and subsequently upload - is this possible?  If so then does the camera record to the sd card at the same time or is it a case of one or the other?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GOPRO APPS FOR MOBILE

[ New ]

Hi @oliverbhai,

It is not possible to save the files directly to your phone. 

However you have an option to download the file from your camera to your phone using GoPro App. 

You have to record a video or take a photo first and once it is already saved to your camera or SD card you will have an option to save it to your phone.

And yes you can control your camera using your phone. 

You'll be able to see what your camera is seeing. 

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @oliverbhai,

It is not possible to save the files directly to your phone. 

However you have an option to download the file from your camera to your phone using GoPro App. 

You have to record a video or take a photo first and once it is already saved to your camera or SD card you will have an option to save it to your phone.

And yes you can control your camera using your phone. 

You'll be able to see what your camera is seeing. 

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

@oliverbhai wrote:

Hello everyone,,

I'm about to take ownership of a Hero 3 which I understand can connect via wifi to a mobile device; from reading the instructions I understand that the Hero can be controlled via a mobile device but I want to record what the camera sees direct to the mobile so that I can edit and subsequently upload - is this possible?  If so then does the camera record to the sd card at the same time or is it a case of one or the other?

Thank you my issue has been solved,...