Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: || Feature Request || - Live Streaming with MAX LENS MOD

[ New ]

"Live Streaming with Max Lens on Android on 7.2.1 should be working."

It does for sure not, see my first post above (screenshot), with v7.2.1 which is up to date, on hero9b v1.22.
It claims translated: "Live streaming is in the MAX LENS MODE not available".

GoPro

[ New ]
My bad, I'm sorry... indeed Firmware update 1.5 isn't out yet, that's why! It will be working once the camera update 1.5 is out, very sorry about that....
It's actually written here black and white ;)
https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates
"Live Streaming with the Max Lens Mod – Support to bring ultra-wide 155° Max SuperView perspective and powerful in-camera horizon lock to live streaming when using Max Lens Mod."
:face-palm: ;)

Sorry at least no we're sure and understand what's going on!
So HERO9 FW update 1.5 coming up and update 7.3 for GoPro App coming up as well. I don't have the exact dates.
Hiker

[ New ]
Now, THAT sounds great. For livestreaming, will it also provide a clean HDMI out? (to use with a external RTMP hardware encoder) Currently, there is only the way of 'blind' pressing button 4 times and hope it streams without display menu overlays (battery level, camera setting etc). It would be just a HUGH improvement to add this "clean HDMI out" next to the max lens mod support for live stream. Especially these days, where there is a hugh demand on live streams from the streets (for expl. from demonstrations).
GoPro

[ New ]
Sorry but I do not know about that.
Hiker

[ New ]

It would be nice to get an instant stright clean HDMI Video feed out of the mikro HDMI out of the Media Mod. So there is a plan B to stream live, via an external Live stream encoder.

v1.22 - Here you need to press a couple of buttons on a blank (black) rear display, to switch to a clean hdmi out.