09-19-2019 11:46 AM
I'm running in to a problem where if I try to set up a live stream for FB, I get the following permissions/authentication loop. https://imgur.com/gallery/kgukRZx
It goes from "Allow Facebook Live" and to "Login with Facebook" and then "We need your Permission" back to "Login with Facebook".
I've checked and confirmed the login on Facebook, as well as app permissions for the GoPro apps on FB as well. I've also logged out and back in to FB on the app.
This is Android 10. GoPro App v 6.0 (8108). GoPro7 Black firmware HD7.01.01.80.00
09-23-2019 11:54 PM
You'll be having the same problem until the app/camera software is updated for Android 10.
Hopefully GoPro wasn't too busy on the new cameras and will supply it soon.
09-24-2019 09:15 PM
I'm having the same issue with my GoPro. After I uninstalled the GoPro app for the first time as it keeps crashing, I reinstalled. That's where the problem started - It keeps asking for permission when it's already been granted.
It keeps saying that I have previously logged in to GoPro with Facebook.
Here's what has been done:
- Reset GoPro to factory setting
- Uninstalled and reinstalled GoPro app
- Clear cached on my phone
GoPro should prioritize this case as I can see more and more users and having this issues. Appreciate your advice to rectify this issue as it is hindering us from doing Facebook Live through Facebook.
Details for GoPro developers:
GoPro Hero 7 Black
Phone: Samsung S10
Android version: 9
Kernel version: 4.14.85-16487963
Android security patch level: 1 August 2019
GoPro App version: 6.0
09-26-2019 09:33 AM
Thank you for the feedback. We would like to gather more details on this issue to help us isolate the cause and get a better understanding of what is going on. We'd like to know:
- The version of the GoPro app that you have installed
- The camera you're using and its firmware version https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Check-Your-Camera-s-Software-Version
- The device that you are using - Model, Brand
- The OS version of your mobile device
- The network used for the live stream - Wi-Fi or hotspot
- Are you streaming to your personal account or fan page?
- Whether you have been able to stream live before
We would love to hear back from you. Many thanks!
09-26-2019 10:01 AM
Having the same issue with the looping of authentification. Information below:
- The version of the GoPro app that you have installed. 6.0
- The camera you're using and its firmware version. Hero7 Black 01.80
- The device that you are using - Model, Brand Samsung Note10+
- The OS version of your mobile device Android version 9 Kernal 4.14.83-16750803
- The network used for the live stream - Wi-Fi or hotspot Wifi and hotspot
- Are you streaming to your personal account or fan page? Personal
- Whether you have been able to stream live before yes, but not on GoPro
09-26-2019 04:58 PM - edited 09-26-2019 04:59 PM
Version of GoPro App: 6.0 (8108)
GoPro Hero 7 Black Firmware 10.80
Google Pixel 2XL
I can't even get this far in the live stream settings for the following:
Both personal and fanpage
Was able to stream before, on Android 9.